Type 1 Low bloods 2-4 times a day!! Help@

Wag_wan_sexy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm type one diabetic and have been for as long as I can remember. My bloods have always been perfect(well once I got a hang of the whole diabetes thing!) I had an appointment abot 3 weeks ago with the diabetic team and everything was great no changes in medication or dosages nothing and all of a sudden son e that appointment I'm getting reading between 2-3 every time I do a blood sugar test and I'm not doing anything different not eating any more or any less not taking any more or less insulin no change in my lifestyle nothing... and it's kinda worrying me as I'm not feeling when my bloods are low even when they sit at 2.0... please help

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm type one diabetic and have been for as long as I can remember. My bloods have always been perfect(well once I got a hang of the whole diabetes thing!) I had an appointment abot 3 weeks ago with the diabetic team and everything was great no changes in medication or dosages nothing and all of a sudden son e that appointment I'm getting reading between 2-3 every time I do a blood sugar test and I'm not doing anything different not eating any more or any less not taking any more or less insulin no change in my lifestyle nothing... and it's kinda worrying me as I'm not feeling when my bloods are low even when they sit at 2.0... please help

Sorry to hear that is happening :( Could it be the change in temperature maybe? I find I get more hypos when it's cold. When it's hot I go too high.

Maybe it's also worth doing basal testing again to see if your basal dosage is right.... it may need adjusting?

I wish you the best :)

D

Diabeticliberty

If your control has been extremely strict for an extended period of time and your blood sugars have been low then you can lose hypo awareness. Your body feels that lower blood sugars are the norm so you don't get any recognisable warning signals when your blood sugars are running very low. It may seem counterintuitive to good diabetic management but running with higher blood sugars for a period of time will sometimes return hypo awareness to diabetics. As for the cause of the sudden lower blood sugars? With no change in your routine, diet or medication I don't suspect anybody will be able to tell you where they have come from with any degree of certainty but your doctor is a very good place to level the question. You have my sympathy' It must be very unsettling for you

Last edited by a moderator:

Wag_wan_sexy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank I'm going to get intouch to with the doctor tomorrow and she if she can see me asap because it's a pain going through the amount of dextrose I am.... and I don't want them to ruin my teeth haha

Reactions: Sani Thomas and Mep

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought - have you tried re-testing with another meter?
Or changing the batteries in the meter you are using?
Or using another pot of test strips as a comparison?

Sorry if you have tried all of them, but worth asking. :)

Reactions: Wag_wan_sexy

Wag_wan_sexy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Look this is the perfect example no insulin acting not been do I g anything other then watching tv.... ugh
20236caeb57c44ff0d7e571548e0b26e.jpg

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Definitely speak to your doctor, looks like you may need to amend your insulin regime or change your ratios proactively to reduce those lows.
I have weeks like this but I can usually link to extra exercise, change in diet or certain times of the month.
Hope you feel better soon.