Low-Carb Beer in Oz

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having just spent three weeks down in the southern hemisphere, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Australians are really on this low-carb thing. Most restaurants in Melbourne had low-carb options and best of all, there was a *ton* of low carb beer. Lots of different brands, and widely available.

A particular favourite was Pure Blonde, which is advertised as "Ultra Low Carb" - a bottle has about 1.9g I believe. It tasted quite good as well - plus a few places did it on tap. Around 4% too so not weak as dishwater like Bud Light and other 'light' beers.

You can get it here in the UK at speciality shops or online, but it's not cheap. Still, worth it! I have to say it was great to be able to have a beer on a sunny day again - will definitely be getting some in!

https://www.sanza.co.uk/Pure_Blonde_12_Pack.asp

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I love the 'Low Carb Down Under' presentations on youtube and now I'm envious of their growing culture of providing low carb food choices to the people. And there's the sunshine, too. Sigh...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'd be ashamed to admit that we didn't cater for all tastes. Melbourne (more to the point, the state of Victoria) is way ahead of Sydney. Brisbane, Perth and worst of all, Adelaide