Low Carb Education Program

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, so I signed up to it, didn't answer the income question. Changed my details so my full name did not appear, just Pipp, as here.
I then couldn't log in here with my usual password, so had to change that. I asked a question, answered another. Now I can't find it to see if anyone answered my question.
Help!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O .. I am missing something in this ... My internet connection is very slow and I cannot watch video .. I cannot find the text for what the video is saying .. great start !!!!!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems good to me.
No issue with any part of the log in, and on par to any on line program.
Not at all bad for a freeby.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems good to me.
No issue with any part of the log in, and on par to any on line program.
Not at all bad for a freeby.
Well, yes. Information so far seems fine, but only able to see the first installment. Seems they are being released in weekly chunks.
I still cannot get back into the programme though. Link asks me to register, I already have, and now I am not able to log into it.
Perhaps @Giverny or @Administrator will be able to advise me?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just been on the programme to sign up Very disappointed ,lots of questions (why do they need to know how much money I earn and .my ethnicity)
CAROL

The survey is not mandatory. In regards to income/ethnicity - we debated about including these questions, however, have kept them for two fundamental reasons:

1. A common concern is that low carb is not possible on a budget. We want to bust that myth - if we can show people on varied incomes are able to take part and see changes in their health, we can encourage more people that change is possible.

2. Ethnicity - why? Cases of type 2 diabetes is a growing health problem for people of South Asian descent. We want to reach as many people as possible, from as many ethnicities. In addition, there are ethnic subtleties - a number of our South Asian members have asked for South Asian recipes, for example. Similarly for our Polish members. To make low carb work, it needs to work for you - and hence why we ask this question so recipes can be tailored.

We want to make the LCP relevant and achievable to everyone - as it will benefit them.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, yes. Information so far seems fine, but only able to see the first installment. Seems they are being released in weekly chunks.
I still cannot get back into the programme though. Link asks me to register, I already have, and now I am not able to log into it.

Could you let me know what your email address is via PM?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Does it take 10 weeks to learn about low carbing? When I was diagnosed I was so scared I wanted to learn as soon as possible so that 10 weeks later my bloods were much improved. I don't think I would have had the patience. Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick.

Sounds like a good idea though to give people other options :)

It's a very different way of learning, very different to the Hypo Program. Our testing has shown that people preferred this method of learning :)

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I too have opted out and maybe missed the announcement. I opted out to avoid the free meter silliness. Can't win most days.

If you opt out from emails, you won't have received an email about the Low Carb Program.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

What is the problem you're having?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I agree. I got as far as the "full name and postcode" part and that was far enough. I value my privacy. Perhaps admin will explain why this info is being requested?

As an organisation, we want to show that digital education affects health outcomes (just like 37,000 people on the Hypo Program have stated!). To do this, we need to know where people live so we can map out health outcomes to NHS costs in particular areas.

For example, the Hypo Program reduced severe hypos by 67% after 6 months of completing the program - the estimated cost in ambulance call outs alone is £750,000. That doesn't include bed stays or anything else - just call outs. Due to having postcode data, we're able to demonstrate the areas that these savings are being made in most.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
O .. I am missing something in this ... My internet connection is very slow and I cannot watch video .. I cannot find the text for what the video is saying .. great start !!!!!

Click on the blue bar that says 'Read key information'

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You don't need full names to be able to show that participants come from a variety of areas. The fact that no administrator has categorically stated that participants won't get marketing mail or emails as a result, means that I won't be joining.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You don't need full names to be able to show that participants come from a variety of areas. The fact that no administrator has categorically stated that participants won't get marketing mail or emails as a result, means that I won't be joining.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Nope - we don't need full names for that, but we do need postcodes for that. If you don't want to use your full name, that's fine. (On that note, using false data isn't a concern for us, as, for example, postcode anomalies would often get thrown out over a bell distribution anyway.)

You will get emails - the program is weekly based, so there are emails within the week (typically 1) that addresses concerns raised in the LCP's questions section and offers recipe ideas, etc. Our research shows that this helps people stick to the program. :)

Sorry to hear you won't be joining!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why do you want date of birth rather than age ?@administrator
CAROL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
When you mention ethnic recipes being made available to members with that ethnicity, will those recipes be made available to everyone? Just asking because I love trying out different types of food and am finding myself eating from a very limited menu at the moment. For me variety is essential.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
When you mention ethnic recipes being made available to members with that ethnicity, will those recipes be made available to everyone? Just asking because I love trying out different types of food and am finding myself eating from a very limited menu at the moment. For me variety is essential.
Yeah, I like a good curry and why can't our indian bretheren be told how to make low carb toad in the hole? ;)

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this new thing making any sense to anyone? I can't yet see what it offers me that this forum doesn't. Apart from a load of apps?