Low Carb Nutritional Meal Replacement Drinks

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
I've been looking for a Nutritional Meal Replacement Drink that is low carb so I can loose a bit of weight but they are very hard to come by as most off the shelf drinks, if not all, have ultra high carbohydrate content and so spike the blood sugar.

But i think I've managed to come up with a homebrew recipe that works well and is not so carb heavy.

Whey milk shake:

24g serving Lean Whey powder - .6g carbs / 20g protein
100ml water
100ml semi skimmed milk - 5g carb
1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - 0g Carb

Total carb content 5.6g

Mix and blend. It is delicious.

I figured this to be a good no fuss breakfast or lunch as the Coconut Oil helps quell hunger and the whey contains many essential amino acids.

If you have any low carb nutritional meal replacements that you have made yourself or know of please share, I'd be very interested.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Please excuse my ignorance but why do you want to replace our meals with a drink?
Are you replacing all meals or just, say, breakfast?

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been looking for a Nutritional Meal Replacement Drink that is low carb so I can loose a bit of weight but they are very hard to come by as most off the shelf drinks, if not all, have ultra high carbohydrate content and so spike the blood sugar.

But i think I've managed to come up with a homebrew recipe that works well and is not so carb heavy.

Whey milk shake:

24g serving Lean Whey powder - .6g carbs / 20g protein
100ml water
100ml semi skimmed milk - 5g carb
1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - 0g Carb

Total carb content 5.6g

Mix and blend. It is delicious.

I figured this to be a good no fuss breakfast or lunch as the Coconut Oil helps quell hunger and the whey contains many essential amino acids.

If you have any low carb nutritional meal replacements that you have made yourself or know of please share, I'd be very interested.
have you worked out the calorie amount in these? might be helpful for people on a 5:2??

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Please excuse my ignorance but why do you want to replace our meals with a drink?
Are you replacing all meals or just, say, breakfast?

Cutting down on the calorie intake per day and carb load should help weight loss, not every day, it's up to you and how much weight you want to loose and how fast, replace a few meals once or twice a week. The effective ingredient is the coconut oil. I pasted a link above for more info if needed.

have you worked out the calorie amount in these? might be helpful for people on a 5:2??

It's approximately 250 Calories for the full shake.
Compare that to a Mcdonalds shake that is between 390-530 calories and 66g Carb. :happy:

Last edited: