DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All!

To celebrate the amazing health achievements members of the Low Carb Program have made so far, we are holding a meet up with a free (low-carb) lunch in Manchester, we'd love you to come along with a loved one, meet other people from the program and share your success.

If you’d like to share your achievements on a Low Carb Diet or the Low Carb Program and would like to come along this Saturday the 11th of March or for more information please email [email protected].

(We will be holding meet-ups in other cities across the UK so if you can’t make this one or Manchester is too far away, stay tuned for other locations and details of future meet-ups)

Suzieblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whilst I would love to come along and meet up with others to swap recipe's and chat , this is very short notice and would ask that for future events like this you give people a bit more notice.

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
It was a great event and many thanks for organising it and for the lovely ow carb lunch and to the host The Wahu in Manchester a super real food café/restaurant

Reactions: Ultramum

teresa m

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a great event and many thanks for organising it and for the lovely ow carb lunch and to the host The Wahu in Manchester a super real food café/restaurant
Hi John
It was great to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the event, thanks for coming along!

teresa m

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I would love to come along and meet up with others to swap recipe's and chat , this is very short notice and would ask that for future events like this you give people a bit more notice.
Hi Suziblue
I'm sorry if it was short notice for you but we will come back to Manchester.! I'm from the press office and it would be great to get your feedback on the forum, Low Carb Program etc. You can email me [email protected]

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Are you planning to come to Gloucester or Bristol? We have a low carb group meeting in the Stroud District and would love to have a chance to reach out to a wider pool of people affected by either T1 or 2.

RedDragon1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Any plans for Cardiff ? i have just started low Carb ing myself ! maybe there is a group in this area ? Would be great to meet up with others and share ideas etc !

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any plans for Cardiff ? i have just started low Carb ing myself ! maybe there is a group in this area ? Would be great to meet up with others and share ideas etc !

Hi RedDragon - I am unaware of any plans for Cardiff at the moment.

Are you doing the site's Low Carb programme, here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/lowcarb/ , or are you adopting the LC way of living without the app?

Whichever, good luck with it all.

RedDragon1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
DCUKMod thanks for your reply :) I started the LDHF Program 4 weeks ago and have found my BS readings have come down so well that even my DN is pleased :D ... Thats a hard task as she didnt want me to even try the PROGRAM, she gave me the usual T2 need to have lots of carbs in their diet. But the best is that i have already lost 1 inch (2.5cm) from my waist , So the only way for me is forwards will now be trying to introduce Fasting days to accelerate the inch losses :D
My reliance on injections has also reduced over the last 4 week ..... Lantus now 80 units per day ( was 92 units) and novorapid 26 units x3 per day ( was 32 x3 ). I still get small spikes occasionally but BS is getting a lot tighter running generally between 4.1 mmol/l before meals and 7.1 mmol/l 2 hours after . Had 4 spikes after meals upto 11.6 mmol/l 3 times in 4 weeks so personally i feel this program is working for ME.

Reactions: flexi06

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
Hi John
It was great to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the event, thanks for coming along!
Thanks for a copy of the filmed interview. if you want to use it on this forum please do so.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
DCUKMod thanks for your reply :) I started the LDHF Program 4 weeks ago and have found my BS readings have come down so well that even my DN is pleased :D ... Thats a hard task as she didnt want me to even try the PROGRAM, she gave me the usual T2 need to have lots of carbs in their diet. But the best is that i have already lost 1 inch (2.5cm) from my waist , So the only way for me is forwards will now be trying to introduce Fasting days to accelerate the inch losses :D
My reliance on injections has also reduced over the last 4 week ..... Lantus now 80 units per day ( was 92 units) and novorapid 26 units x3 per day ( was 32 x3 ). I still get small spikes occasionally but BS is getting a lot tighter running generally between 4.1 mmol/l before meals and 7.1 mmol/l 2 hours after . Had 4 spikes after meals upto 11.6 mmol/l 3 times in 4 weeks so personally i feel this program is working for ME.
I'm doing pretty much the same thing. I've reduced my insulin from 60 units twice a day to 10 units twice a day and can't wait to get off insulin completely. I started lchf on the 6th of January this year and my hba1c about 4 weeks ago was 37 so it shows that the programme definitely works. Well done and keep up the good work.

Reactions: flexi06

VinceUK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Selfishness, conceited and arrogant people.
I dearly would love to join but am in Shanghai until the end of May. I would like to know if anymore are planned after March?
Low Carb dieting has made an enormous difference to me in so many many way.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I have completely stopped my insulin and so far so good. I am still taking metformin though as it doesn't cause any side effects for me. I have come down from 99.7kgs to 82.8 kgs. So I'm sticking with the lchf. That is from January this year.

Reactions: flexi06 and rom35

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you planning to come to Gloucester or Bristol? We have a low carb group meeting in the Stroud District and would love to have a chance to reach out to a wider pool of people affected by either T1 or 2.
Oooh I'm from Gloucester.

psychologist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Is the really a slow forum .. or have I missed something(s) recently .. as well as last year's meetup?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the really a slow forum .. or have I missed something(s) recently .. as well as last year's meetup?
Forum is fast but you are on an old thread.. check out the recent posts (new posts if you are on the app) to see more recent ones..
This forum is buzzin!

Ellenw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, spitting, dog poop on the pavement
Edinburgh anyone?