Low Carb Snacks

Kingsland

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Plain fish, tripe, porridge, pasta, boiled rice,
Where does a pack of pork scratchings come in the grand scale of things? Must be low carb but the fat content ......... ? What do you snack on when you're being 'good' and not reaching for the biscuits? I'm getting fed up with cheese!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fat is good. Pork scratchings are popular on here but I grill the rind off belly pork when I make a casserole.
Otherwise I snack on peanut butter (4.6% carbs, one teaspoonful), almond/flax loaf, mixed roasted nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, the odd brazil, occasional cashew & peanut), small bits of high-cacao chocolate and sometimes a small cheese salad with mayo.
There are more ambitious sweet puddingy things on here if you search.

Reactions: 2 people

BarryAlfaro

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoa, That sounds delicious.I am Diabetic and I am preparing for NY Trio Expo , can you suggest me some good tips or some snacking ideas which won't affect my sugar and also provide energy for practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My housemate plopped a bag of kale onto a baking tray,topped with salt and pepper and olive oil and baked 10 minutes in 180 degrees, turned them and popped back into the oven for a minute or two until he had tasty kale chips. They were yummy, and will definitely be in my list of snacks.

Reactions: Lord Midas