Low carb stevia chocolate bar!

M

mrspuddleduck

I tried it. Thought it was horrible but I do have quite a sweet tooth. Great in cooking though!! Go on give it a go!! :) Sue xxxx

M

mrspuddleduck

Lets face it Rowan, got to be better for you than that Aunt Bessies Jam Roly Poly............. :) Sue x

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't like it either. :(

Choc quality not great, and the stevia left an aftertaste (but I'm like that with any stevia, so I should have expected it).

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok thanks, don't think I'll bother then.
And you're right Sue, but by the sounds of it I bet the jam roly-poly tastes a whole lot better ;)

Reactions: 4 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I received a vitamin shipment yesterday and ordered a few stevia-sweetened chocolate bars by Coco Polo. I will let you know what I think.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Greetings to all, I have tried the sugar free chocolate from Holland & Barrett, it is ok for the quick fix that can some times jump up on you, The chocolate might not be the best, but the product does what is needed and it sorts out the 'Want something sweet' nag that's get going now and again.
An ok is fine for that mini moment, ttfn from Karen.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sainsburys sell a 85% chocolate wrapped in 5 individual bars, 16.8g carbs per 100g and 4.2g carbs per individual bar. The bars are a good size, enough that you can eat half and be satisfied and the chocolate is very nice - not as yummy as Green and Blacks Maya Gold but its chocolate :)

Reactions: 6 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sainsburys sell a 85% chocolate wrapped in 5 individual bars, 16.8g carbs per 100g and 4.2g carbs per individual bar. The bars are a good size, enough that you can eat half and be satisfied and the chocolate is very nice - not as yummy as Green and Blacks Maya Gold but its chocolate :)
I like that chocolate too! Definitely hits the spot for me. I have always preferred dark chocolate to milk, though.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I will have a look in the local Sainsbury's for this chocolate for a test run, but if it is very dark I will have to give it a miss as dark chocolate gives me migraine!!! So maybe back to the H&B bars.
I remember years ago they did a sugar free chocolate, it came with the warning "do not eat more than 1 1/2 bars a day due to the laxative affects" Well things have moved on a bit since then so it's ttfn from Karen.

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the Coco Polo 70% Dark and the 70% Dark with Coconut and they are really tasty. It is 7 carbs per 1/2 bar (nice size bar and 1/2 bar = 7.5 squares), but I find 1-2 squares suits me just fine.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello vintageutopia, testing will begin as soon as I find the chocolate, ttfn from Karen

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried 'Cavalier' chocolate? I've actually developed a taste for 85-90% dark chocolate but discovered these a few years back and was quite impressed compared to normal 'diabetic' or sugar-free chocolate

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello Natatlie1974 ,I have not heard of this brand, but as you say it is dark chocolate and really dark, I could not eat it as it is a migraine trigger, which is not something I want to happen, ttfn from Karen.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Natatlie1974 ,I have not heard of this brand, but as you say it is dark chocolate and really dark, I could not eat it as it is a migraine trigger, which is not something I want to happen, ttfn from Karen.

They do a whole range of different flavours...not just dark chocolate. Sure the last one I had was a coffee flavoured one but my favourite one was a pistachio one...yummy

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello Nataile1974, I have just Googled Cavalier Chocolate and what joy they do milk chocolate with many choices of flavours, what joy a suitable treat. Have found it on various sites and they are pricey, but a bit at a time will make it last, so thank you for that info, and will buy some when my pension comes this month, so ttfn from Karen.

lwafford

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried 'Cavalier' chocolate? I've actually developed a taste for 85-90% dark chocolate but discovered these a few years back and was quite impressed compared to normal 'diabetic' or sugar-free chocolate
I have a craving for dark chocolate too. But the little ones at home don’t like it. I am also vegan, and so I buy from a organic chocolate store called Giddy Yoyo that sells local chocolate in Canada. They have an online store at Giddy Yoyo local chocolates in Canada. For the children, I just buy some milk chocolate from the grocery store. Sometimes I give them veggies topped with chocolate for dessert and they love it!

Last edited by a moderator: