Low carb Tarte Tatin?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone successfully made a low carb tarte tatin?

Have guests next weekend and as much as I love a cheeseboard it would be nice to have a change. Am thinking this would be good - with homemade ice cream (I’ll just have plain cream).

Thank you

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Easy Rustic Apple Tart – Low Carb & Gluten Free
appletartsquare2small-320x320-250x250.jpg

★★★★★

5 from 5 reviews

This easy rustic apple tart celebrates the flavors of fall in the best possible way! It comes together quickly and the entire family will love it! Keto, Atkins, Low Carb & Gluten Free!

• Author: Mellissa Sevigny
  • Yield: 8 servings
  • Category: Low Carb Dessert Recipe
  • Cuisine: American
Ingredients
For the Crust:
  • 6 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Filling:
  • 3 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored)
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener
For the Topping:
  • 1 Tbsp erythritol sweetener
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
For the Crust:
  1. Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Stir with a fork until well combined and crumbly.
  3. Press the crust dough firmly into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan. Create a rim about 1/2 inch high around the edges using your fingers or the back of a metal teaspoon.
  4. Pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes.
For the Tart:
  1. Combine the sliced apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
  2. Lay the sliced apples evenly across the bottom of the crust in a circular (or other) pattern. Press the apples down lightly when done.
  3. Combine the butter, cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and brush or spoon evenly over the top of the apples.
  4. Bake the tart for 30 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
  5. Remove the tart and gently press the apples down flat with the back of a spoon or spatula.
  6. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees (F) and bake the tart for another 20 minutes.
  7. Remove from the oven.
For the Topping:
  1. Combine the cinnamon and sweetener.
  2. Sprinkle over the top of the tart.
  3. Serve warm or chilled.
From:- https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/09/easy-rustic-apple-tart-keto-gluten-free.html

Reactions: CoastGirl and dbr10

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD Just wondered if you did have a go at making the low carb tarte tartin recipe posted above by carol43 and if so, how did it turn out? I have some guests this weekend and was thinking of trying it.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD Just wondered if you did have a go at making the low carb tarte tartin recipe posted above by carol43 and if so, how did it turn out? I have some guests this weekend and was thinking of trying it.

Sorry for delay. I didn’t make this in the end as the plans changed. Still on my list!

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for delay. I didn’t make this in the end as the plans changed. Still on my list!
Thanks for responding @PenfoldAPD. I did make it last weekend and it was delicious and very easy. Guests loved it but I would go a little easier on the cinnamon next time. I used Bramley apples and not eating apples. Give it a try, it was well worth the effort!