Low carb

London_Lady_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi every one

Not posted for a while as I was trying to process everything as I am newly diagnosed and I have been through quite a bit to get some answers

my hba1c has gone down from 105 to 55 since April now waiting for the next result. I do not think it has gone down as I have not lost ant weight for a month

Dropped 2 dress size

My weight has gone down been on diet doctor diet. Had the cold from held in June. Not back on track again

My question if anyone can help is I have up my exercise and my daily carb allowance is between 25-35g. I have not lost a single pound for a month. I am not cheating at all. I did do a 6 week keto start but I could not keep it up. Can anyone shed some light? I have tried a bit of fasting to see if I could quick start the weight lost but nothing has gone down. I would really like to loose an other stone to get my numbers down.

I have lowers my fat as a weird thing happen to me when my weight goes down my Cholesterol goes up, I am following low carb med diet with out the pulse ,rice, just having salad,fish and veg with some meat

Help or suggestions would be great. Really do not want to go on medication

D

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello and well done on your excellent numbers and weight loss to date, you are doing so well,a lot of us find the initial weight loss easy , I have dropped 3 dress sizes since Feb, but the most important thing is to get your bg levels under control,, my weight loss has slowed down dramatically from the early days but by bg levels remain in the non diabetic range so am happy with this.
I am sure others will be along shortly to offer their experiences and knowledge which are far greater than mine, I learn something new everyday. X

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
cholesterol going up when you lose weight isnt unusual. That fat has to be transported from your fat stores to your cells and then burnt. Therefore your cholesterol can go up. My LDL goes high but my trigs drop. All in all do not worry about.

As for not losing weight. I hit plateaus as well. I always got through them either with a couple of days of eating more (body gets into a rhythm so you have to shake it up) or by exercising more for a few days or even just don't eat. You just have to upset its complacency

Reactions: Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @London_Lady_D and congratulations on your progress so far.

As others have said, it's normal for weight loss to slow down. I recently had a stall after a period of consistent weight loss. I kick started the weight loss again by using intermittent fasting (just eating dinner for a few days in a row).

If your sugar levels are continuing to improve that is the most important thing.

Reactions: Prem51 and Serena51

London_Lady_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks. Glad to hear it is not just me. Get my second results tomorrow

There seem to be a lot of mix messages on sugar free things. I count these up as they do have carbs. I had to use some sugar free lozenges as I could not speak for a month due to a very bad cough Does sugar free things affect weight loss.?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Glad to hear it is not just me. Get my second results tomorrow

There seem to be a lot of mix messages on sugar free things. I count these up as they do have carbs. I had to use some sugar free lozenges as I could not speak for a month due to a very bad cough Does sugar free things affect weight loss.?

Very interesting question.. for some people artificial sweeteners seem to cause a similar insulin reaction to sugar others seem ok with them. Personally I avoid them. As for your stall I think its perfectly natural.. our bodies need a bit of time to "reset" after significant weight loss. I lost my first load quickly (I had a lot to lose!) but then have experienced 3 stalls since then.. one of which I'm still in. I found that a couple of extended liquid only fasts (7 days) helped to get the weight loss started again but were a bit extreme I admit. The last one of those I did I put all the weight back on within a week of restarting eating. Now am working on maintenance practise and will start fasting again once I'm happy with eating and not gaining. I find that one meal a day helps if you want to try that. I'm currently on two meals most days and not gaining anything just cycling up and down the same 3-4 pounds.

Reactions: Prem51 and Serena51

London_Lady_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very interesting question.. for some people artificial sweeteners seem to cause a similar insulin reaction to sugar others seem ok with them. Personally I avoid them. As for your stall I think its perfectly natural.. our bodies need a bit of time to "reset" after significant weight loss. I lost my first load quickly (I had a lot to lose!) but then have experienced 3 stalls since then.. one of which I'm still in. I found that a couple of extended liquid only fasts (7 days) helped to get the weight loss started again but were a bit extreme I admit. The last one of those I did I put all the weight back on within a week of restarting eating. Now am working on maintenance practise and will start fasting again once I'm happy with eating and not gaining. I find that one meal a day helps if you want to try that. I'm currently on two meals most days and not gaining anything just cycling up and down the same 3-4 pounds.
Thanks

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After an initial weightloss over the first couple of months I stayed the same weight but my waist shrank and my skin went soft and slack, and more translucent - I can see the veins all the way from my wrist to elbow now - I have had to buy new clothes in smaller sizes as some of my clothes from last year just fell off me.
I think if you are trying to get control of blood glucose by whatever means, there is a lot happening all at the same time and it can be a bit of a rollercoaster even if you are left wondering what is going on, exactly.