Lunchbox ideas!

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anybody have any low carb lunchbox suggestions, I find myself eating the same meals at work each shift and hoped people might be able to provide some inspiration.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Frittata, chicken legs, cold sausages, olives, cheese, cooked meats, quorn slices, salad.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody have any low carb lunchbox suggestions, I find myself eating the same meals at work each shift and hoped people might be able to provide some inspiration.

Is it fair to assume you are confident carb counting and adjusting your insulin doses?

There have been several threads around lunches over time, so a quick search could return a few ideas whilst folks see your thread.

In the ast when folks have posed similar queries, along the way, they've usually been asked if they have facilities to heat things, refrigeration and if the food must be finger food, or can go in a dish. Sometimes, for those doing jobs involving dirty hands, some have even looked for specifics for not finger food, or food on the move.

Is there any more context you could help us with?

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it fair to assume you are confident carb counting and adjusting your insulin doses?

There have been several threads around lunches over time, so a quick search could return a few ideas whilst folks see your thread.

In the ast when folks have posed similar queries, along the way, they've usually been asked if they have facilities to heat things, refrigeration and if the food must be finger food, or can go in a dish. Sometimes, for those doing jobs involving dirty hands, some have even looked for specifics for not finger food, or food on the move.

Is there any more context you could help us with?

Carb counting is good with the help of carbs and cals and packets with nutritional information. As for facilities, we have a refrigerator and microwave so that's about as glam as it gets. I've been trying to prep food on my days off, mainly meat and veg because I find it's an easy low carb option but I don't always have time for meal prep so much of the time I'm just grabbing prepacked foods which are higher in carbs so aren't ideal as my hba1c needs to reduce drastically.
Anything that doesn't require too much time would be a plus as finding time to sit and prepare/have a meal whilst working isn't the easiest.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could make no pastry quiches. I’m also pretty rubbish at lunches - I’m either eating soup or salad 90% of the time

They sound lovely, salad or soup seem to be my go to also, so any asuggestions which are a little more creative are definitely welcome.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Baby bell cheeses. An apple. Nuts. Can of Diet Coke. Or carton of full fat milk. Or even a sandwich using low carb bread.

I take that sort of thing in to supplement my English Breakfast that I eat for lunch.