Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi,

I have been away from the forum for some time, mainly due to falling of the low carb wagon. I do still try to lower carb but with 3 jobs find it hard to be so prepared as I found very low carb needed to be.

I have now been put on Lyxumia and just wondered what others experiences of it are? I can't seem to find much online except the medical explanations of it.

Have you used it? Are you still using it? What have you found to be good or bad about it?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well I guess not many are on this injectable.

I've recently taken my 3rd dose. I'm on the green pen which is half dose for the first 14 days. So far the only side effect seems to be diarhea. (Can't spell it).

So far so good.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I guess not many are on this injectable.

I've recently taken my 3rd dose. I'm on the green pen which is half dose for the first 14 days. So far the only side effect seems to be diarhea. (Can't spell it).

So far so good.

Sorry, @Lenny3 I didn't see this thread. I'm on Lyxumia and have been for about 18 months or so now. The first six weeks or so are probably the worst, but if you can battle through it, then the side effects eventually become very minimal.
I had awful nausea when I went on to the purple pen. At this point I was offered the green pen for another two weeks, but I decided just to go for the full dose and deal with the side effects. Eventually they did disappear.
I learned a few tricks along the way... always eat within the hour that you take it, and as close to the first fifteen minutes as possible.
If you forget your dose, take it at lunchtime, but don't take it at teatime as it will get too close to your next day's dose and then your side effects will increase for the following day.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Lyxumia. It hasn't brought my blood sugar down to perfect levels, but it has definitely helped.
I think I expected to lose a lot more weight than I have - it was really pushed on to me as a weight loss drug, but I'm happier with the blood sugar benefits.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thanks for your comments @luceeloo I've just started the Purple pen and (touch wood) still no side effects. I've found injecting in my stomach to be the easiest and most pain free. Yes it was said that my appetite would decrease..... not noticed that yet.

When you say eat within the hour, I was told to wait 1 hour before eating?