Macros at different times of day is huge!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted about this on other threads but thinking it might help some people so deserved a thread of Iran own.

For a long time I have been eating about 1/3 avocado and a very thin slice of turkey or about a tablespoon of smoked salmon. For this meal I would take 1 unit novolog 10 min before I ate, then another unit one - 1.5 hours later. Then another half unit at around noon. All to stop the morning rise. Totaling 2.5 units between 8 am and 3 pm

The last three days I ditched the 5g of protein and just ate the avocado. Took 1/2 unit, squashed it and seasoned it then ate. All three days I dipped a bit but not bad. It took over 2 hours all 3 days to see the slightest increase. Then took 1/2 unit and getting on with my day and activity and included a small veggies and little deli Bologna snack. Dipped down again. No need for a third bolus any of the days.

So to sumize, I need 150% less insulin and one less jab to keep a measly less than one ounce of protein out of my fatty breakfast. I can easily move that to my second jab so I don't go low.

Amazing and ridiculous what a tiny bit of protein in the morning can do!!! The only other thing I changed was a bit more avocado. No hardship there for me!!! And I wonder why I go on and on about the benefits of avocado!!! It's almost as I,portant to me as insulin lol.

The other great part is

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted about this on other threads but thinking it might help some people so deserved a thread of Iran own.

For a long time I have been eating about 1/3 avocado and a very thin slice of turkey or about a tablespoon of smoked salmon. For this meal I would take 1 unit novolog 10 min before I ate, then another unit one - 1.5 hours later. Then another half unit at around noon. All to stop the morning rise. Totaling 2.5 units between 8 am and 3 pm

The last three days I ditched the 5g of protein and just ate the avocado. Took 1/2 unit, squashed it and seasoned it then ate. All three days I dipped a bit but not bad. It took over 2 hours all 3 days to see the slightest increase. Then took 1/2 unit and getting on with my day and activity and included a small veggies and little deli Bologna snack. Dipped down again. No need for a third bolus any of the days.

So to sumize, I need 150% less insulin and one less jab to keep a measly less than one ounce of protein out of my fatty breakfast. I can easily move that to my second jab so I don't go low.

Amazing and ridiculous what a tiny bit of protein in the morning can do!!! The only other thing I changed was a bit more avocado. No hardship there for me!!! And I wonder why I go on and on about the benefits of avocado!!! It's almost as I,portant to me as insulin lol.

The other great part is

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Arg. Operator error.

The other great part is I always had these weird nuances with insulin in the morning. All gone now. Maybe it was the protein.

Goes to show different meals at different times of day work very differently!!

Rock on avocado !

Reactions: Snapsy