Macular Edema (Water Behind the Eye???)

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone with Macular Edema & Proliferative Retinopathy has had their Dr tell them they had excess water behind the eye and what that meant? - Had the Dr tell me that the other week, but didn't explain much? - I'm having regular Lucentis injections to keep it under control (along with Laser treatment)

Cheers in Advance

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.

Yep,
My understanding is "fluid" build up in the macula, pushing & distorting vision on the retina like a lump or bulge... (I've seen the images from my monthly scans...)

There is a course of injections, either Lucientis or Eyelea then some followup screenings which might involve further injections if no improvement??
Are you currently undergoing treatment?

Oddly! I have the macular "thing" & currently having treatment.. (Using Eyelea jabs.) But my retina is actually clear of "retinopathy." (The bleeding on the eye.)

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.

Yep,
My understanding is "fluid" build up in the macula, pushing & distorting vision on the retina like a lump or bulge... (I've seen the images from my monthly scans...)

There is a course of injections, either Lucientis or Eyelea then some followup screenings which might involve further injections if no improvement??
Are you currently undergoing treatment?

Oddly! I have the macular "thing" & currently having treatment.. (Using Eyelea jabs.) But my retina is actually clear of "retinopathy." (The bleeding on the eye.)

Hi There, sorry for the late reply, I must have missed the notifications. I am currently having the Lucentis injections in both eys at the moment. Since the treatment I seem to have improved vision in my right eye and worsened vision in my left eye (typical lol) - One got better and the other seems to be getting worse. I'm considering stopping driving at the moment because of it due to it varying the way it's affecting my left eye :( - Don't wanna put anyone else or myself at risk (I'm 36) :/ - I'm doing all I can with Multivitamins and eating correctly. The statistics show that I should be 'in the clear' after '3 years good glucose control - but feel I'm over a hill with this thing :(