Tablets (oral)
going to get my life sorted out

Last edited by a moderator:

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are on insulin or certain insulin stimulating drugs, the worst is death. If you are not on such drugs (e.g. you are on Metformin or "diet and exercise") the worst that can happen is you will become very, very hungry. If this situation persists over several days/weeks, the worst will become death.
Sally

Reactions: 2 people

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
If you really do need food to prevent a genuine hypo, "artificial or processed foods" are far better than nothing. I see you are on tablets called "Galvus", I'm afraid this means nothing to me, so I don't know if they can cause a true, medical emergency type hypo. But, diabetic or not, you do need to eat, so need to sort out your life one way or another.
If you have a medical emergency - seek medical help.
Sally

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are type 2, you may have hypo symptoms, but eventually your liver will realise that your BG has dropped too low, and it will dump glucose into your bloodstream so your BG will rise.

Eventually you will enter a fasting state where your BG remains steady unless you exercise too much. This could happen in an hour or two, or take several hours (it is what happens to each of us, whenever we don't eat for several hours.

The only reason that this process would not happen, is if you are on medication which would affect the process - but I don't know enough about diabetes medications to offer an opinion.

I am having difficulty not commenting about the situation that you and your partner have allowed to develop, so I will take myself off now.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You can fast for a couples of days, without going hypo, but if you take your meds, you may, the body allows itself to do without, as long as you continually drink water, it is not recommended, but your body will respond. If you can eat, then eat! I think I have a higher tolerance towards your situation as it has happened with the wife, with her father! There has to be a type of food in the house or fridge that you can put up with until, you can get back on your diet,
Please don't sit and suffer as it empowers him more!

Maybe I shouldn't judge but you posted!

Reactions: 4 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just a quick update, i am ok, i managed to get the food and getting back on track,want to thank you all for your kind advice it helps me a lot,big hugs x i was so scared i just did not know what to do,when your not diabetic you can just eat anything, when your diabetic you can not and because i got a problem with my stomach as well was the reason i could not just eat anything as it is bad i could choke, so i am here still live thank god.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Glad you're okay, you need to control your life and your health. Hopefully things will work for the better. Always have something in your house that you can turn to if you have problems again. Save something for that rainy day in the future!

God bless!

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad youI re okay, you need to control your life and your health. Hopefully things will work for the better. Always have something in your house that you can turn to if you have problems again. Save something for that rainy day in the future!

God bless!
will do all you say nosher8355, sometimes it is not easy, life can be hard and cruel road sometimes, I will make sure it never happen again, and thank you a lot i do appreciate you hugs x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tins of fish in oil are good for emergency food (I kept them in the camping box for years).

High protein (slow release) and the oil stops hunger and cravings dead.

At a push, you can eat tuna out of the tin, with a teaspoon.

Reactions: 3 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tins of fish in oil are good for emergency food (I kept them in the camping box for years).

High protein (slow release) and the oil stops hunger and cravings dead.

At a push, you can eat tuna out of the tin, with a teaspoon.
thank you brunneria i got some tinned fish in, salmon and tuna for emergencies, i do eat fresh fish, keep the tin for emergencies now and very grateful you brought that up, i think salmon in tins full of bones,at least tuns boneless.I am very grateful to you and everyone here you been so kind and helpful just do not know what i would of done with out you all, all the advice has helped a lot hugs xx