Many thanks Diabetes.co.uk

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in January with a very high blood glucose in Pre Diabetes, but just knocking on the door of full Type 2 Diabetes . My wonderful doctor gave me the link to this website and suggested the LCHF diet. She suggested several books I should read and also told me I would find all the help I needed on this website - and goodness was she right
Since January I have ( with the help of LCHF) gone from 17.5 stone to 12.8 stone and am no longer even pre diabetes, in fact I am well into the normal readings. I really feel as though someone has opened the curtains and put the light on and it has been a very very long time since I have felt the levels of energy that I now enjoy.
I have now, for the first time in 15 years booked myself a holiday later this year to Norway dog sledding !!! by myself... And am now planning on a trip to the Canadian Rockies and Alaska, again by myself. Before I had no energy and it was difficult to drag myself out of bed, but now I have a bucket list of things and places I want to go before I pop my clogs.

To anyone just starting out on this Diabetes journey then please hang on in there and trust this forum and the info and advice here as they are very knowledgeable and helpful - just ask and listen and you will soon be bouncing around like me. I wish you the very best of luck and thanks to you all for giving me my life back.
I will still be lurking around on the forum, but quietly I think
Love
Sylvia
ps I registered for the NHS Diabetes help classes in Jan but am still waiting for a call back. They said I was on the list !!! Bit late now.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Good on you Sylvia!! Hope you continue to enjoy your renewed lease of life for a very long time!

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You are an inspiration to us all, lass. Have a great time on your adventures, you deserve them.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From one granny to another,well done,enjoy your trips!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an inspiring story! Well done! I am not so far in my journey as you but have bought my HbA1c down from 70 to 45 and have lost 3 stone so far by low carb dieting. I too have this forum to thank for that, though I stumbled on it by chance. I'm so pleased to hear that your GP directed you here. I love your phrase about opening the curtains and putting the light on, it's just how I feel. I hadn't realised how poorly I'd been feeling til I felt better, my diabetes was found on a routine annual blood test.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Grannie75! That's a great result. :)
And well done to your doctor for pointing you to this forum.
Enjoy your new lease of life and your holidays!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just love posts like yours, @Grannie75 . Well done!

Please don't be a silent member, though. Keep popping in to tell us of your adventures and inspire the rest of us.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in January with a very high blood glucose in Pre Diabetes, but just knocking on the door of full Type 2 Diabetes . My wonderful doctor gave me the link to this website and suggested the LCHF diet. She suggested several books I should read and also told me I would find all the help I needed on this website - and goodness was she right
Since January I have ( with the help of LCHF) gone from 17.5 stone to 12.8 stone and am no longer even pre diabetes, in fact I am well into the normal readings. I really feel as though someone has opened the curtains and put the light on and it has been a very very long time since I have felt the levels of energy that I now enjoy.
I have now, for the first time in 15 years booked myself a holiday later this year to Norway dog sledding !!! by myself... And am now planning on a trip to the Canadian Rockies and Alaska, again by myself. Before I had no energy and it was difficult to drag myself out of bed, but now I have a bucket list of things and places I want to go before I pop my clogs.

To anyone just starting out on this Diabetes journey then please hang on in there and trust this forum and the info and advice here as they are very knowledgeable and helpful - just ask and listen and you will soon be bouncing around like me. I wish you the very best of luck and thanks to you all for giving me my life back.
I will still be lurking around on the forum, but quietly I think
Love
Sylvia
ps I registered for the NHS Diabetes help classes in Jan but am still waiting for a call back. They said I was on the list !!! Bit late now.
You are an absolute superstar very well done indeed.

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks to you all, if I can offer a little inspiration to the newly diagnosed then that would make me very happy. The confusion, dread and fear when first you are confronted with the diagnosis is awful, a bit like a brick wall and you don't know which way to turn. I would like them to understand that the people here have walked that path and probably know it very well and because of this are the best people to help with any questions and fears they might have ( usually better than many medical team who have no first hand experience of the scary thoughts and worries you may have)
I would also like to add that- my grumbling gall bladder no longer grumbles, my asthma has gone completely so no inhalers needed now and I need less thyroxine for my under active thyroid, so the daily amount I take had dropped considerably. LCHF is definitely a winner all round

Reactions: Rachox and Pipp

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done @Grannie75 .

Brilliant news about thyroid meds too. Great delight to hear. Smiling from your posts.
Love it! :) :) :)