Marathonmona's 8 week 800 calorie diet

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
Hello all!!

29! Amazing. So low! Excellent work.

I'm struggling! Let me spell it out :
I've eaten chocolate, chips, and biscuits. Not just the one either. It's not been good.

And to be honest I don't know why! I've been sleeping well, I've had lots of compliments, I've felt great. I have been hungry yes and that's been my main complaint. But this week I've given in. More than once. And it's not like I've been to a nice wedding or sit down meal and enjoyed a 'night off', no, I've just eaten without enjoying it. Ugh. I briefly thought about giving up. I've been here before (usually a lot sooner!) and it's at this point I throw in the towel.

So I need to dig deep and find my motivation again. I've achieved a lot and cannot throw all of this hard work away.

I fee a bit sad and cross with myself but generally I like looking forward and won't sulk for too long.

So I'm here to stay. Obviously for a bit longer than another two weeks haha.

Hope everyone else is ok!!! Please hang on in there with me!!!

Xxx
Just treat it as the blip it is and don't think about it, just think about what you are doing from tomorrow. For a lot of people when they mess up they leap off the bandwagon as if it was on fire but really in any other part of life if you go a little bit astray it doesn't stop you keeping on, it's just weird with food.... one of my friends' says she is being 'good' which implies that other times she is just having a 'treat' even though it is far from a treat and is really the opposite. Is just about changing how you respond to briefly eating off plan :D

Reactions: marathonmona

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Woo hoooo - I just had the results of my HbA1c - still low, actually slightly lower this time - 28, which is still 4.9 (weird because March's 29 was 4.9 as well). Ah well..... maths was never my strongest subject.

@marathonmona - how are you getting on?? :)

Same here! Do you get the Lidl high protein rolls? They don't smell at all the same as normal bread - but at least they don't spike my BG.

I have not tried the protein rolls yet but I will make a point of going into Lidl next week.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for the lovely replies. They mean a lot. Thank you for my hug @Chook; I needed it.
Weird isn't it, that stupid self-sabotage button.
Am fasting tomorrow as I'm a bit full ha but not for too long.
Tomorrow's another day.

Reactions: Freema

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@marathonmona - Here's another *hug* - you can do this, I know you can - if you can teach kids then you have a lot more patience than I've got and certainly more staying power.

I hope your fast goes okay. I'm finding fasting a bit problematic while only eating 800 calories - I used (when low carbing) to be able to fast until dinner quite easily but at the moment can only manage until lunch time.

I am away from home for the next couple of mornings so I decided to weigh myself this morning - and I'm down another pound - making it 1st 5lbs in total so far. I how have a target - I'm hoping for another 2lbs before the end of this ND because then I will have gone down in to another stone bracket (if you see what I mean).

After mulling it over with Mr Chook (and bearing in mind a few social / family engagements coming up) I think I will have two weeks off at the end of the first eight weeks and then complete the remaining four weeks after that - just so long as I finish this side of Christmas.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@marathonmona - Here's another *hug* - you can do this, I know you can - if you can teach kids then you have a lot more patience than I've got and certainly more staying power.

I hope your fast goes okay. I'm finding fasting a bit problematic while only eating 800 calories - I used (when low carbing) to be able to fast until dinner quite easily but at the moment can only manage until lunch time.

I am away from home for the next couple of mornings so I decided to weigh myself this morning - and I'm down another pound - making it 1st 5lbs in total so far. I how have a target - I'm hoping for another 2lbs before the end of this ND because then I will have gone down in to another stone bracket (if you see what I mean).

After mulling it over with Mr Chook (and bearing in mind a few social / family engagements coming up) I think I will have two weeks off at the end of the first eight weeks and then complete the remaining four weeks after that - just so long as I finish this side of Christmas.

Thank you for your hugs-much appreciated!

I fasted til midday. I've had two slices of protein bread with Flora almond & coconut butter plus two tablespoons of Lloyd Grossman tomato and basil sauce topped with an avocado and some coriander. A lot of calories but nutritious and very filling.

Yea, must keep my eyes on that lovely prize. I will just treat last week as a blip and carry on.

Well done on that pound lost. Do you feel good? Yours sounds like a good plan. And being strict up to Christmas is a great idea. I know we don't have to go mad and change all our habits over the festive season but at least it gives us a little leeway.

Xxx

Reactions: Pipp

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That lunch sounds lovely - I've not heard of that butter before. I live in rural Yorkshire and things like that take a while to appear on our supermarket shelves.

Do I feel good...... hmmmmm ...... I actually don't really feel any different. My joints are still creaking but that could be the change in the weather because my knees aren't so puffed up. I know I look different because people tell me so and I'm down one jeans size (from when I started ND) and a lot of the way down to the size under that - in fact I have some jeggings in that size which already fit but they are a bit corset like on me - in that they hold it all in but are a bit muffin-toppish so need to be worn with a loose fitting top.

Luckily (or not so luckily depending on how you look at it) I actually have jeans in six different sizes .... although a lot of them aren't in fashion. At the moment I'm working my way back down through my skinny jeans with Ugg ankle boots phase - but I have a horrible feeling that the jeans of two sizes down on what I'm wearing now (which is my ultimate goal) are probably bootcut. Fingers crossed that bootcut comes back in to fashion this winter.... :) Sadly I waved goodbye to my favourite skirt 'fat day' the other day - it had a stretch waist which just starting sliding down to my knees every time I took a step - it was a bitter sweet parting of the ways. ;) ;)

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Haha! That reminds me of my favourite Next top: a really well-cut top which used to hide a multitude of sins. I wore it the other day and I wouldn't say it looked hideous (I still wore it like) but it just didn't look right. The sleeves were too long and I kept dipping them in my coffee .
I feel so much better. Everything is easier lol. I feel like a veritable supermodel when I get up out of bed in the morning. Shame I don't look like one .

Reactions: Goonergal

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You'll get there.... I'm not sure I'd want to be supermodel skinny... I've been a size 8 before (when I was around 30-32) and it really didn't suit me. Everyone kept telling me I was too thin and looked ill - but looking back I was just within the normal BMI range.

Apart from losing the fat from around my pancreas and liver (and thereby having healthy golden years) I would like to fit in to a size 14 which (at 5ft6) was a good size for me.

I love Next clothing - their jeans are usually a perfectly fit for me lengthwise. Another has If stone to go and I will fit in to my favourite Next top which is languishing in my wardrobe.

Reactions: Goonergal

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
I can't do fashion, am one of those people that has clothes until they fall apart, regardless of what they look like :D

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All those little changes, bit by bit, every day, will add up won't they.
I am 5ft 6 too.
I weighed 10 stone in my early twenties and looked great. Have always been heavier since my first daughter in '96.
I would love to get down to 12 stone which will maybe translate into a size 14...? We'll see.

xx

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tomorrow morning's stats ain't gonna be pretty; I know that for sure

So, I'm going to be calling in here every morning. With weight, FBG and maybe a little bit about my precious day.
That will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well. Here goes.
FBG 7.2
A weight gain of 2lbs. Not a surprise.

I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Big hug coming your way :)

Isn't it annoying how a random chocolate bikkie or two can put 2 pounds on you. Wine does the same to me. I'm staying with (various) friends this week and I've got 'double trouble' - not only have we had to explain low carbing but then to add in calorie restriction - and, worse, that I'm more or less off the wine. Its been a challenge.

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Big hug coming your way :)

Isn't it annoying how a random chocolate bikkie or two can put 2 pounds on you. Wine does the same to me. I'm staying with (various) friends this week and I've got 'double trouble' - not only have we had to explain low carbing but then to add in calorie restriction - and, worse, that I'm more or less off the wine. Its been a challenge.
Friends will always be supportive when you tell them how important it is, I don't think I've had a drink for over a year. Bit of a cop out for me though as I'm really not bothered at all and boyfriend doesn't really drink either so not something I've felt I'm giving up or missing out on. You'll be grand!
Well. Here goes.
FBG 7.2
A weight gain of 2lbs. Not a surprise.

I'll check in tomorrow morning.
A hug from me too! Keep on with it and that 2lbs will be gone again before you know it. Am reading Fung's 'Complete Guide to Fasting' and one of the women's advice in there is to make lists of things to do whenever you feel munchy, should work the same with being tempted by things you really don't want to eat but have urges for.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, I agree - keeping busy is very useful - as is drinking a glass of water or chewing some sugar free gum.

LOL - my friends are coping very well with the low carb thing and are actually being very supportive on the calorie restriction (because they understand the health implications) but they can't get their heads around the 'no wine' thing given the history we have all had together. I'll probably have a glass or two this evening though as we are having a sort of reunion of my group of friends from before I moved away to Yorkshire with Mr Chook. Some of them I haven't seen for 23 years so I'm really looking forward to it. Then tomorrow we'll move on to some different friends and then home on Wednesday and then we're off again to stay with my out laws next weekend.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FBG this morning was 5.2 and I've lost one of those pesky pounds.
Yesterday wasn't perfect by all means but I feel so much better.

Reactions: Freema

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Chook oh have a great time, I'm sure you will x

@marathonmona woohoo! Not perfect is pretty much life. So glad you feel better

I saw the dr today and asked about possible support for fasting but she said the NHS probably doesn't support it although was happy to recommend IF but I'm doing that already as I mostly eat once a day. So I asked her if I might be a good study case for someone looking into fasting.... clutching at straws. The book says that even if you aren't on meds but are diabetic then you should be monitored. Also would be interesting to see what it's doing physically.

The book also mentions a 27 year old Scottish man that fasted for over a year with no serious side effects in 1973 (he was 456 pounds and went down to 180 pounds). Would so love to get in touch with him but have no idea where to start.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm finally home and I've been very naughty food-wise today. Mr Chook says I ought to class it as an experiment.... :sorry::sorry::sorry: