Margarine on the way out?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an interesting one, as most LCHF still seem to control the calorie intake, and vary the amount to either lose or gain weight.

You are right many of us have counted calories as well as doing LCHF. I was advised to check my calorie count by a few posters when I asked for help to lose weight. It worked, to a degree. Now I am going to try LCHF (30g carbs) without counting calories, I'll let you know whether it ends in tears or not! I just need to get rid of this bug first, then I'll start. :)

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You are right many of us have counted calories as well as doing LCHF. I was advised to check my calorie count by a few posters when I asked for help to lose weight. It worked, to a degree. Now I am going to try LCHF (30g carbs) without counting calories, I'll let you know whether it ends in tears or not! I just need to get rid of this bug first, then I'll start. :)

Even if you don't count, it would be interesting to know how much you eat, as often someones idea of 'alot' is different to others idea of 'little'

I still remember my dietician telling me

'a family size quiche is NOT a snack'

Good luck, and keep us posted on how much you lose.

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Even if you don't count, it would be interesting to know how much you eat, as often someones idea of 'alot' is different to others idea of 'little'

:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Love it! :DFamily size you say!
I don't calorie or carb count! Don't have time! :rolleyes:
Ref earlier post I do eat less it's true as the fat fills me up. I do eat a lot of cheese though! Hugsx

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Love it! :DFamily size you say!
I don't calorie or carb count! Don't have time! :rolleyes:
Ref earlier post I do eat less it's true as the fat fills me up. I do eat a lot of cheese though! Hugsx

There is nearly a days allowance for me, just under 2000 calories in a 500g block of cheese.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
There is nearly a days allowance for me, just under 2000 calories in a 500g block of cheese.
500g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good God man!!!!!!!!!
Bad Douglas! Bad, bad Douglas! :D

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be nearly two years, and 5 stones ago. :)

I think they were called FLANS then until some French dude Chef decided to bring his version over here and we started to call them Quiche probably because it sounded sexier.:D:D

Reactions: 4 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes but 500g worth! :eek:
Well like he said, cheese sauce has to taste of cheese. Just as apple sauce has to taste like apple and mint sauce should taste like mint, and spaghetti sauce should taste like spaghetti.........................wait, no that's not right:D:D

Reactions: 3 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said the butter's bitter,
"If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter,
But a bit of better butter
Will make my batter better."

So she bought some better butter
Better than the bitter butter,
And she put it in her batter
And her batter was not bitter,
So 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.

Reactions: 4 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said the butter's bitter,
"If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter,
But a bit of better butter
Will make my batter better."

So she bought some better butter
Better than the bitter butter,
And she put it in her batter
And her batter was not bitter,
So 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.

But because she burnt the batter
She regretted using butter
Now when cooking, Betty Botter
Uses Margarine that's better

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well I have spent much of my life calorie counting. This time for a few months at least I will stick to counting only carbs. I am aiming for 20-30g carbs a day. And thanks, I'll let you know :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's why I like numbers now.
I certainly used to be high fat I guess?
........so ditch the carbs and you could do high fat again :D (Just teasing, douglas, I know you're happy with your diet as it is;))

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
........so ditch the carbs and you could do high fat again :D (Just teasing, douglas, I know you're happy with your diet as it is;))

I was high fat, high carb, high protein.

I don't find I feel full on fats even now.
A lifetimes practice I guess.

(I ate a foot tall bag of pork scratchings at a christmas market this year, on my self given day off, well, maybe the last 3/4 was a bit after I was full, but, they tasted good!
I didn't even have a mental picture of my dietician screaming, honestly!)

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Yes but 500g worth! :eek:

.....not quite there yet...! But I did buy a couple of packs of dairylea strip cheese as hooked on them [don't tell me if there's nasties in them I don't want to know] and they came up as 50p on the self serve instead of £1,49 so went back and cleared the box [10] :hilarious: ASDA won't mind.....:p

Reactions: 3 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.....not quite there yet...! But I did buy a couple of packs of dairylea strip cheese as hooked on them [don't tell me if there's nasties in them I don't want to know] and they came up as 50p on the self serve instead of £1,49 so went back and cleared the box [10] :hilarious: ASDA won't mind.....:p

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Adrian Jones and I am the regional manager for Asda stores in Kent. Please could you return the items and pay the correct amount. we do operate CCTV in our stores and it has come to my attention that you actually ate 3 of the said items before reaching the checkouts.:D:D

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Adrian Jones and I am the regional manager for Asda stores in Kent. Please could you return the items and pay the correct amount. we do operate CCTV in our stores and it has come to my attention that you actually ate 3 of the said items before reaching the checkouts.:D:D

:eek: