measuring 4 weeks ahead possible early delivery!

salamander

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been so bad with keeping control lately. I just had a growths scan at 30+4 and bubs is measuring 4 weeks ahead and they're talking about possibly delivering early (didnt say how early yet). I have another growth scan in 2 weeks. Does anyone have experience? Did you deliver early? xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @salamander The first thing to say is that growth scans aren't completely accurate, so don't panic. It's great that they're monitoring you closely.

Is there any particular time you're struggling with highs?

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Hi @salamander The first thing to say is that growth scans aren't completely accurate, so don't panic. It's great that they're monitoring you closely.

Is there any particular time you're struggling with highs?
I completely agree with @azure my sons growth scan at 32 weeks had him weighing 6lb 4oz, when I delivered at 33 weeks (due to pre eclampsia) he was only 5lb 5oz. With my daughter she was 8lb 4oz at 36+4, when I delivered at 37 weeks (blood pressure was escalating) she was 9lb 9oz.

Is there any patterns in your highs. Certain times of day/night or after specific food types?

Reactions: azure

salamander

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've honestly just been really lazy with taking readings and not looking after myself. I'll obviously try and be a lot tighter in control now! This is my third and my previous two always measured correct for dates and we're still 9lb2oz and 8lb13oz at 38 weeks so nervous how big this little man will be even though I know they aren't accurate. They were suggesting he may need to be born early and that I may need steroids. I hope they don't need to deliver too early :(

Reactions: kimrooney89

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
I've honestly just been really lazy with taking readings and not looking after myself. I'll obviously try and be a lot tighter in control now! This is my third and my previous two always measured correct for dates and we're still 9lb2oz and 8lb13oz at 38 weeks so nervous how big this little man will be even though I know they aren't accurate. They were suggesting he may need to be born early and that I may need steroids. I hope they don't need to deliver too early :(
I had to have steroid injections for my son as he was delivered 7 weeks prem. He did spend 2 weeks in the neonatal unit as he didn't have a sucks reflex to bottle feed, other than that he was absolutely fine. Nearly 6 years later you'd never know that he was a wee tot.

I know the posibility of early delivery is really scary - try your best with your control, every little improvement helps your baby and may give him an extra few days inside to grow and develop