Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Giverny said:
anna29 said:
Is your tattooist ' tattooed himself '
He certainly is a very GOOOOD one me tinks! :think:

Anna.
I know people who have tattooed themselves and it's looked horrific! Makes me cringe just thinking about them, haha. It does take skill to do your own tattoo AND make it look good though, definitely.

True - very true Giverny .
Some of these look criminally horrific , all sludgey runny scripts or pictures clumsily inked into their skins . :thumbdown:
This is the polar opposite to the great quality artwork of fantastic tattoo's like smiffys .

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LittleWolf said:
I'll get right on it :3 I have university deadlines up until next Wednesday but then I'll be free to go all-out xx

I'll try a good variety ok <3 *hugs for you all*

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Many many thanks for this LittleWolf :thumbup:
Understand you need get your coursework completed 'first'

We can wait for you - and will do so :)

Good luck with the completion of your uni work too .

Anna.

Deanna_Griff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
• Minging hypos
• Uncontrollable highs
• People who think I can’t eat doughnuts.. haha
Tattoo is booked! Have to wait till the 22nd of June though, ohhh long wait!:L

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Deanna_Griff said:
Tattoo is booked! Have to wait till the 22nd of June though, ohhh long wait!:L

Hello Deanna .

This day will soon come around and you have time to prepare well for it . :thumbup:
Get some aftercare cream in perhaps ?
Make sure you are 100% happy with your chosen picture,words, design etc ...
As it will be on your skin for the rest of your life .

What are have you chosen to have done ?

I will be doodling later with a couple of my own ideas to add onto the one I have already got .

Anna .

Deanna_Griff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
• Minging hypos
• Uncontrollable highs
• People who think I can’t eat doughnuts.. haha
Shall do!:), yess I'm sure it's what I want :D, I'll be having the medical symbol on the insidelower part of my left arm & then 'Type 1 Diabetic' next to it :D, i designed it myself & handed it to the tattooist, so exited!

smifffy40

Dislikes
Cruelty to kids or animals.
Spongers who just dont want to work.
Immigration policy (no im not racist before people say)
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
People who are too old to drive (two bad experiences ive seen lately)
LittleWolf said:
Awesome, Smiffy x Can't wait to hear ideas :3

You're very welcome xx

Oh I could draft some ideas for all types 1, 2, MODY, LADA, 3 etc Maybe not gestational because it's a temporary thing, but alert bracelets are still a good idea for GD sufferers.

Would like some suggestions for style though... Maybe I'll try traditional Old Skool art or a typographic-based thing... I'll try incorporating the snake and staffc which could be played up for a cool, masculine tat.

Loving the photos shared. Think I'll share a draft of one old tribal and one recent egyptian-influenced design. These designs are quite clean cut, but I could also do something that looks more like an illustration than symbol/geometry/shape-bases

Include the Blue Ring diabetes symbol right? How well recognised were the older symbols? Would it be worth drafting for variety's sake? Xxxxxxx

LittleWolf...I wish you luck in your exams...I would like a twist on the snake dagger design...I was going to leave it for a while but im itching for it :lol:

LittleWolf

Thanks guys x I don't have exams but I do have a crazy ****ton of coursework @_@ Like so many essays and confusing handing in procedure, module timetables clashing so having to do extra in my own time...

I've been in the library since Sunday night!! Nodded off at the desk, Security woke me up at 5 saying I'm not allowed to sleep >_>

I'm on it as soon as I can. Hopefully off to Somerset on Friday which gives me plenty of coach time to draw.

One thing though- the caduceus isn't meant to be a medical symbol! But it looks badass, so I will try and modify the rod of Aesclepius with feathers and such in both a masculine and feminine sort of feel. Don't want to be ignorant or use symbols that are incorrect.

Hope everything is going good, guys x

I'd like to see some pictures in here quite soon xx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi All .

I have stumbled across this info with medical symbol and paramedics/ambulance info .

Hope it can help - http://www.icegems.co.uk/star-of-life-symbol.html

Also if you scroll down it explains more on where the medics will look firstly on a patient .

Anna .

Spatta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fake people

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1368923256.587098.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1368923256.587098.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,320

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like that one :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The nicest quote I've heard for a while was from Anna :
"Diabetics have the sweetest kiss"
That would make a great tattoo !

LittleWolf

Hey guys, I've only just gotten home and settled again and was very unwell >_>

I am getting on with redrafting and inking all my tattoo ideas. Just bed a few more incorporating the new Blue Circle

So far I have a few girly ones incorporating ribbons, love hearts/lockets. I had the idea of doing some Alice in Wonderland 'eat me/drink me' themed tats but some of those ideas are more for a personal decorative diabetes themed tat rather than medical alert or it is very immediately apparent/obvious the wearer is diabetic

A few incorporating the rod of Aesclepius, I thought using a cobra instead of a regular snake would appeal to the guys as more 'macho', a snake and dagger as suggested by some, I thought for the kids/Pokemon fans to have a dragonair, seviper, ekans etc as the snake.

A few nurse pinup-style ones.

I looked at the 6 point red star and thought about having a flower with 6 petals with the rod medical symbol in front. I could additionally incorporate a hummingbird with this, which was/is also a diabetic symbol? Also a red hexagon is very often around the rod and star symbol so thought of a honeycomb type pattern and incorporating bees.

I have done a Chicano style font Type 1 tattoo. It may be a little ornate for an alert tattoo but should be pretty clear and attract attention in occupying an entire forearm space

Some of these designs adhere more to the classic medical symbols, some will be more ornate according to your personal tastes and needs. I'll keep updating x

For now, here is the Chicano one on ornate side. It is pencil drawn with no guides but I could do something neater on the computer x

26A7CC09-FF98-4699-98CD-BF6E63D0D948-416-0000001CC4287E5B_zps86ebb93b.jpg

If anyone wants a dedicated, personalised decorative piece rather than an alert tattoo per se, then PM me and help me out with paying my student loan XD

The alert tats are my gift to the forum for being so helpful and supportive. When I myself or hear of my T1 friend passing out in public spaces I think about why it would have been like had he/I not been able to communicate a problem or medical staff don't know how what's going on. Paramedics especially. One time I was hypoing so badly but struggled through nearly a half hour of questions on my medical history because they don't have the information or can't get it themselves. I could barely speak. But what if I was unconscious for a long time unable to inform them at all? They'd be in the dark. All those stories of Drunken Behaviour which are actually hypos and people dying in custody. When my friend went into DKA in McDonald's how many people would have just assumed he was some drunk and would sober up and be fine?

Tags are all well and good but something permanent and looked for by police etc as identifying markers like a tat could save a life... And you could make something beautiful, this isnt a condemning label on your skin but part of who you are like your scars and blemishes are. Accept them... But of course, you control the condition, rather than it controlling you

violet6763

How we do post photos of tattoos? Wanted to post mine I had done just weeks before being diagnosed with type 1. I felt so ill...no wonder it hurt! I want to incorporate the purple violets, which are also on my foot, into a diabetic wrist one but wonder if it would detract from the message and be missed?

LittleWolf

You can upload the image to the Internet and use an IMG tag or use the camera icon in the reply box

Violets? They are lovely but have 5 petals... I could design something combining the violets with a 6 petal flower to be the medical alert symbol 'star' and a hummingbird if youd like

violet6763

That made me smile. You have added the same twirly bits as my foot tattoo has. I like the design but I want something small on my wrist like a bracelet. I would worry the average person wouldn't recognise it as an alert.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How GREAT it is to have LittleWolf here to help/assist anyone with any of their future Tattoo Designs . :D
Many thanks for your help and suggestions LittleWolf it is really appreciated ... :clap: