Medical bracelet

Twinks

Hi everyone, iv been meaning to get a medical bracelet for a while now and i no there a good think but i haven't found any that are pretty however I have recently discovered nomination bracelets and was thinking of getting one and having it say diabetic on it just wondering if anyone else has a medical bracelet and what yours is like as well as were you got it from thank you :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sjb2610

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Medical bracelet

Hi

I get my medical ID from http://www.icegems.co.uk/

They have a range of very pretty ones - I have even had comments in shops because they just look like normal bracelets.

I've got the triple strand one at the moment

And the best thing is they're not too pricey.

Sharon x

H

Hooked

Twinks said:
Hi everyone, iv been meaning to get a medical bracelet for a while now and i no there a good think but i haven't found any that are pretty however I have recently discovered nomination bracelets and was thinking of getting one and having it say diabetic on it just wondering if anyone else has a medical bracelet and what yours is like as well as were you got it from thank you :)

I got one similar to this;
http://www.theidbandco.com/ItemDetail.a ... 31&select=
Got T1 Diabetic engraved on one side, and other medical info on the other.

I then asked a girl who lives locally to make me up different bracelets I could attach to the tag for me to wear to suit my outfit/mood including some leathery ones. I love them all! I must get some photos up on here with her info as well.

Lucyturner

My sister in law makes jewellery and has a shop called Stonechat in Dublin and she is making me a bracelet because like you I haven't found any that I like. If you look on her website there is contact information and if you tell her what style you like and how much you want to spend then she could make this for you. You can also see some of the jewellery she has made.

Lucy

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!

Hi twinks, i just ordered a nomination style bracelet with diabetic.type 1 written on it and i also ordered a.couple of charms to add from a company called jcs jewellery. They are also on amazon and i think it was about 18 pounds in total. Haven't seen it in the flesh to speak yet as i ordered it to arrive at my parents house in uk. Won't be over there for a couple of weeks. Will let you know how it is when i see it.

Twinks

Just ad a look an at jsc and they look nice just like nomination!! Would be grateful if you let me know what it looks like when it comes :)

Italie

I got mine from the ID Band co as someone posted further up but I'm now not really sure about it. If it's not really obvious that it's a medic alert bracelet do you think that paramedics just wont take any notice of it? If you're lying unconscious then they're not really going to take a good hard look at what they think is just a pretty bracelet...... will they?? I really don't know. What do you think? :crazy:

Twinks

My sister said the exact same thing that if ever do end up unconscious that she doesn't think anyone will pay attention to a bracelet

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I went to Uni With Paramedics (best friend and numouus housemates!) and its one of the first things they are taught to check wrists ankles and necklaces!

Since knowing that I havent been without other than waiting for a replacement.

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!

Hi Twinks, just got to see my bracelet. I have got two other italian bracelets and my diabetic one compliments them so that it doesn't scream diabetic but i think stands out enough to be noticed in an emergency. I am happy with it. :grin:

Lucyturner

My sister in law has emailed me this picture for my diabetes bracelet, she can make these in any metal and with any stone you like this one has a diamond on it and she can write whatever you need. If you go to http://www.stonechatjewellers.com then you can see what jewellery they do and email to ask questions about what you want. You will be emailing Ann Chapman she is my sister in law and she makes jewellery and owns the shop.
Lucy

Attachments

• 1380481644448.jpg
    1380481644448.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 761

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Any decent ones for guys ? It seems most are aimed at the ladies. Not seen many good ones for men.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Hi mo1905

The Italian link range have some great masculine looking ones .

All you need to do is hop over to ebay - they have some on there at
great affordable prices too .
[just type in Italian diabetic bracelets]

You can have them 'larger in more links size to fit a male wrist size' too.
They are available in black so they 'do' look less like ladies jewellery .
You can choose your preferable link to add on with regards to your Diabetes .

Hope this can help .

Anna .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

anna29 said:
Hi mo1905

The Italian link range have some great masculine looking ones .

All you need to do is hop over to ebay - they have some on there at
great affordable prices too .
[just type in Italian diabetic bracelets]

You can have them 'larger in more links size to fit a male wrist size' too.
They are available in black so they 'do' look less like ladies jewellery .
You can choose your preferable link to add on with regards to your Diabetes .

Hope this can help .

Anna .

Thanks Anna, I'll take a look.

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Look at the Medic Alert website, all sorts of styles and prices so you are sure to find something to suit your requirements

RRandell01

I got mine made-up to order from 'Happy Hippo' on ebay (email [email protected]). Beautiful fashion jewellery with the word diabetic spelt out on it , any colours you want with beads, very cheap and fast friendly delivery!

Zadrak

I couldn't find any I liked either, so I got one of the Links of London ID Friendship bracelets engraved with "Type 1 Diabetic". It's pretty, discrete, but easily readable if someone was looking for it. I've just joined so I don't know how to attach a picture, but it is lovely. If people are interested I can figure out how to put a pic on :)

Anyway, that's the best option I've seen. For sports I'm going to get some of those silicone £2.99 jobs from the diabetes.co.uk website :) probably hot pink :D