Meter advice - Carb/Insulin dose calc and Smartphone Compatible

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI All

I have used a FreeStyle Inslinx for about 4 years now, but I am getting fed up of having to manually record my BG readings in to Samsung Health, which I use for Diet/Nutrition/Exercise recording.

Is there a meter available on the NHS that will carry out Insulin dose calculations from carbs and that will connect to My Samsung Health App?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI All

I have used a FreeStyle Inslinx for about 4 years now, but I am getting fed up of having to manually record my BG readings in to Samsung Health, which I use for Diet/Nutrition/Exercise recording.

Is there a meter available on the NHS that will carry out Insulin dose calculations from carbs and that will connect to My Samsung Health App?
Exactly what parameters do you record in Samsung Health?

I use this meter, and it's pretty good. It can log your activity (externally from Run Keeper as a separate app) and you can input nutritional information regarding your meals/snacks directly into the Dario app itself:

http://advancedtherapeutics.org.uk/shop/dario-smart-meter/dario-smart-glucose-meter/

The meter is not available on the NHS but the strips are.

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
,just want to be able to upload BG and Insulin Dose, I work out the Carbs in my head or in the Samsung Health App.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
,just want to be able to upload BG and Insulin Dose, I work out the Carbs in my head or in the Samsung Health App.
Just re-enabled my Samsung Health app and had a look regarding your query.

If you click on the burger icon in the top right hand corner, select 'accessories' and then scroll down to 'blood glucose meter' - you'll see a list of compatible devices.

From what I can see, you have at least two options available to you in terms of strips available on the NHS (from the information I can see in the attached pdf on page 14).

CareSens and OneTouch are the two brands of strips that I've spotted, but whether those are compatible with the meters listed as compatible for the Samsung app I cannot confirm.
Screenshot_20170525-210030.png

Attachments

• Test Strips Cost.pdf
    838.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited: