Meter Testing - no more than a bit of fun.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In talking to Abbott about the difference between my sensor and my meter they sent me a different meter to try and some test solution. I find them ever so helpful. I also had a SD code free and here are the result of some testing I did this evening. It might be of interest and might not. Usual rules apply - it is just information I found in a tiny sample size of me. Meters only have to be 15% accurate.

So - after my meal at the two hour peek:-
Freestyle Libre - test strip = 6.2mmol
Freestyle optimum libre = 6.4mmol
SD Code free = 7.1mmol.
10 min wait....
Freestyle libre - scan sensor = 6.4mmol
Fingers sore.

Test solution
Freestyle libre - low - 2.4 High 15.6mmol
SD Code free - low - 2.4 High 16.8mmol

Make of it what you will but they are all within 15% of each other and I was very pleased with that.

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find the libre reads slightly lower than my accu check- but whether going up or down they are always both going in the same direction

Reactions: Prem51

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an accu chek and an SD code free. Both very close to each other on readings, but one is much cheaper to run!

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
In talking to Abbott about the difference between my sensor and my meter they sent me a different meter to try and some test solution. I find them ever so helpful. I also had a SD code free and here are the result of some testing I did this evening. It might be of interest and might not. Usual rules apply - it is just information I found in a tiny sample size of me. Meters only have to be 15% accurate.

So - after my meal at the two hour peek:-
Freestyle Libre - test strip = 6.2mmol
Freestyle optimum libre = 6.4mmol
SD Code free = 7.1mmol.
10 min wait....
Freestyle libre - scan sensor = 6.4mmol
Fingers sore.

Test solution
Freestyle libre - low - 2.4 High 15.6mmol
SD Code free - low - 2.4 High 16.8mmol

Make of it what you will but they are all within 15% of each other and I was very pleased with that.
HI FLEEGLE :I would love to have a Freestyle Libra but the price puts me off. Considering the accuracy is not much [ plus OR minus 15% actually I think ?] it's a lot to pay to see which direction the readings are going, when the actual bottom line numbers can be out by so much. I wonder if the stick on things would stay there after sweaty exercise - which I do most days . Can you offer any advice ? cheers hooha

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI FLEEGLE :I would love to have a Freestyle Libra but the price puts me off. Considering the accuracy is not much [ plus OR minus 15% actually I think ?] it's a lot to pay to see which direction the readings are going, when the actual bottom line numbers can be out by so much. I wonder if the stick on things would stay there after sweaty exercise - which I do most days . Can you offer any advice ? cheers hooha

I think the Liber is great when you get the hang of it.
I don't think I would of realised the true impact of stress without it. I understand what happens at night now. I was amazed to find how for example a bowl of nuts eaten over an evening (not loads but some) raised my BG from my normal to slightly elevated the best part of 5 hours. And you get early signs of peeks when you do something wrong - and get the chance to do some power walking to head it off - testing after one hour or worse two hours might miss it. I rarely prick my fingers any more and strips and lancets are not free for me so I offset against the cost of the sensors (it makes a small dent to be fair). No problem in showers or when you are hot after exercise. You get great data for 90 days if you scan the sensor every 8 hours. You can see and compare days, it will tell you your average, you can set zones you want to remain in and it will tell you what % you have remained in that - you can see your trends over days and days on one graph with 90 and 10 percentiles. And that is all before you download the data where you can find out tons more.

And the negatives are that it is expensive, it can be frustrating for me in the first few days of telling me I am really low when I am not! You can get a bit obsessive with it - like checking every 5-10mins for an entire day (though for me that novelty has already worn off). Although they stick like leeches once they are on, preparation when you put it on is key. I put one on when it was hot and perhaps my skin wasn't perfectly dry and it fell off a little later on (bear in mind it is as close as impossible to get them off after 14 days!!).

Hope that helps.

Katey14064

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im on my second sensor. The first one I didn't really understand that it wouldn't match my meter..And it was out by 1mmol a lot of time..frustrating when it says your low and you're actually fine..However.....I've learnt some stuff from fb groups. This sensor I put on the night before activating and it's been way more acurate from the get go. The graphs are fantastic and I find myself not comparison to finger pricking as much..Only do it when im low now really or above 8 so I can correct.