Meters

Robkww

Got a TEE2 meter as it was free and wanted to check against my SD Codefree. TEE2 at 5.3 and SD at 6.4 is a little perplexing but no doubt down to tolerance, testing strips etc etc. Does make me wonder how true all tests are including the venerable hba1c?

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find exactly the same between my TEE2 and CodeFree - there's always around a 1% difference between them. Control Solution Tests invariably return the TEE2 being bang in the middle of its optimal range, while the CodeFree is always right on the upper limit.

They're only accurate to +/- 15%, which accounts for some of the discrepancy, but I use the numbers as a general guide in any case.

As for the HbA1c, that's an average of what your BG has been like over the previous 9 - 12 weeks. It won't highlight patterns, peaks and troughs, but gives a general notion of what your overall BG has been.

Reactions: Prem51

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strangely, I find theTEE2 consistently reads higher than my Codefree, by about 1-1.5 mmol/L Have done the control solution test with the TEE2, which came out well within fairly wide ranges for both A and B solutions, but not tested the Codefree (which I assume will have the same wide range of compliance). I found it all a bit disconcerting initially, but now just accept that's how things are.

When I need a kick up the backside I use the TEE2, coz that gives me a fright sometimes :eek: and I buck my ideas up for a week or so.
When I need some TLC I use the Codefree, which tells me I'm doing rather well ........ ;)

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes I just repeat the test. And then, if I still am not happy, I'll reach for the Areo (whose test strips are FAR too expensive for me to self-fund, so it's used only as an arbiter) to decide, particularly when on meter is telling me something brilliant and the other is saying something bonkers.