metformin 500mg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i've not been on metformin 500mg for the last 6 months because when i was taking the metformin for some reason it started to take to much sugar out of my blood and i was getting dizzy spells quite bad, i rang me gp up and she told me not to take anymore metformin, in november i had a blood test done and the doctor told me that if thay find anything wrong i'd have to come in and thay would prescribe a new type 2 tablet, since then i've heard ****** all from the gp, im eating quite well and not touching anything with sugar, i have stopped my drinking beers for the past 9 months now, i think if things were so bad then the gp would have me back in real fast, has anybody els been on metformin and the gp has taken them off it on here,

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Richard, although it's always a good idea to get any unusual symptoms checked out by your GP, the dizziness might be down to your blood sugar levels reducing. As Lucie says, Metformin aren't one of those tablets where you take it, and it makes your sugars drop, it doesn't work like that - you were also on the lowest dose. If you have cut out sugar, and beer, that could well be responsible for your blood sugar levels going down, and if they have been high for a while, it can make you feel really strange when they suddenly start to drop! It sounds like the steps you have taken have probably done more for you than Metformin ever could, so it's all good!:)

Reactions: 2 people

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Are you self-testing your BGL? Most of us find self-testing a very powerful tool for managing our diet and it is also invaluable for the amount of reassurance it gives.

When first getting things under control false hypos are common, when I first started to get my blood sugar under control I would feel pretty awful quite often now year into my type 2 I very occaisionallystil feel pretty " yuck" but it is few and far between.
Self-testing reassured me that my blood sugar wasn't in fact dangerously low but in the normally accepted range.