Metformin / Bitter Melon ?

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it possible to replace Metfornen with Bitter melon?

Sumobabe

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coming off a prescription medication is something you should discuss with your health care provider. While some herbs and supplements may help lower glucose, you'll want to read about the potential side-effects of those products just as you would with any prescription medication. (Just because something is "all natural" doesn't mean it's without the potential for side-effects: as low-carb guru Dana Carpender is fond of pointing out, arsenic and rattlesnake venom are "all natural" but certainly not benign.)

Reactions: 2 people

Mikeyoungish1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I tried that route, took bitter melon instead metformin due to side effects, it lowered bs good but was hit & miss, also gave me burning feeling in belly.
Doc said stop the bitter melon and gave me one metformin 500mg SR and two 40mg gliclazide, results very good stable past month. I take the gliclazide with skimmed milk to prevent indigestion.

Reactions: 2 people

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your replies I have been slicing the bitter melon and eating four. 5 mil. Pieces with no side effects . Will test how effective it is today
Result =
After two hr. No different then metf

Last edited by a moderator: