Metre.readings

3lli077

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi all

Since being reading my bs. In Nov. Every reading I have taken has always been between 5 and 7. As a prediabetic what should my readings be as I've read the NICE ones and all.my readings are in the normal range especially when I eat meals with more than my fair share of carbs.
I was told that I am looking for an increase of <2 after my meal is this a general piece of advice or is that what we're aiming for? Since then I have lost 17lbs which is just over 5% of my body weight.

If anyone can over advice on bs readings for prediabetic that would be great.

Thanks
Elliott

Reactions: kokhongw

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @3lli077:)

As a pre-diabetic, you should really be aiming for numbers that would put you in the "non-diabetic" range. Have a look at this link and don't hesitate to ask further questions if there's any part which isn't clear:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Congratulations on the 17lb weight loss, that's an excellent start. Providing that 17lb is however 5% of your total weight, then you still have a good bit of weight to drop. I'd imagine that when you keep shifting the excess weight and get closer to your target weight - you'll notice a huge improvement with your BG levels.

Good luck!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you always have levels between 5 and 7 then that is good and congratulations on the weight loss

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good glucose numbers tells half the story. What many may not realize is that even with "normal" glucose response, a person can have elevated insulin response.

Hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance is a real concerns for prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes. And what we want is to have low GI, less insulinogenic meals to preserve and protect our beta cells.

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/understanding-joseph-kraft-diabetes-in-situ-t2d-24/

Kraft-Curves-Cummins.png