Meusli

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

Can anyone point be in the direction of a decent low carb Muesli/Granola recipe please? It's one cereal I really miss. I've done a search on here but nothing came up and I'm sure there was a recipe some time ago. I love my bacon and eggs for breakfast but sometimes just fancy the crunchy nuttyness of muesli......

Thanks!

S

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I should have remembered DD... I'm a paid up member! I've just done some pricing from another recipe I found, and using one online supplier it works out stupidly expensive. 5kg or raw ingredients came to £38, but thinking about it based on a 40g portion it's not too bad.... although I rarely eat 40g!

Reactions: Ultramum

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This one is a favourite in the B household, although we double up on the cinnamon quantities.

Mr B has been known to utter the immortal words 'this is better than Crunchy Nut Cornflakes'.

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/03/06/grain-free-cinnamon-crunch/

rsz_cinnamon_crunch_1.jpg

Reactions: Simon84

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Turmeric is anti inflammatory and I think can work like a natural antibiotic. When I was having chemotherapy I craved curry and even ate it cold for breakfast sometimes. Perhaps the body knowing what it needs!

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow. That looks interesting. Anyone know why the recipe includes turmeric. It makes the granola look a bit off so I assume it has more purpose than colouring.
Turmeric is reported to have help with diabetes :)

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. That looks interesting. Anyone know why the recipe includes turmeric. It makes the granola look a bit off so I assume it has more purpose than colouring.

Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and immune boosting qualities.

Have you ever heard of Golden Milk? I keep meaning to try it myself, and I know that @Avocado Sevenfold often has it for breakfast. It can be made low carb by substituting nut milks and other sweeteners.
https://wellnessmama.com/223/turmeric-tea-recipe/
Soothing-and-Immune-Boosting-Turmeric-Tea-Recipe-Golden-Milk-Recipe-300x300.jpg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Morning all,

Can anyone point be in the direction of a decent low carb Muesli/Granola recipe please? It's one cereal I really miss. I've done a search on here but nothing came up and I'm sure there was a recipe some time ago. I love my bacon and eggs for breakfast but sometimes just fancy the crunchy nuttyness of muesli......

Thanks!

S
I make my own muesli. Don't do it often though as it is too morish! See post #49 here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/vegan-meals.88333/page-3

Reactions: seanj67

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's apparently one of the "magic" diabetic spices (like cinnamon) that can help with issues like BG levels and insulin resistance.

I suppose you could always save it for using in your curries and use a sprinkle of cinnamon instead...

Robbity

PS It's worth taking care when you handle it as it's rather excellent at staining things too- as my kitchen work tops often bear witness! :D

Reactions: Kim Possible