Misophonia

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering if anybody else suffers with this? I cannot stand certain sounds, the worst for me are:

- People eating crisps or crunchy foods with their mouths open. Close your mouth!
- People who smack their lips whilst eating. I don't care how tasty it is!
- People who SHOUT ON THE TELEPHONE for no reason. Telephones have microphones, talk at a normal volume level and they'll still hear you perfectly fine.
- People who share their music from their car by having the window down and the "music" up. Nobody is looking at you and thinking 'Wow, how cool are they!?'

Not sure if my last one is Misophonia or just hatred of ignorant idiots.

Anybody else? or is it just me that's a bit sensitive? :)

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
People who share their music from their car by having the window down and the "music" up. Nobody is looking at you and thinking 'Wow, how cool are they!?'
Me too! Cars stuck in traffic jams outside my door with thumping loud music. It's also very dangerous, worse than being on smart 'phones whilst driving. Add to this the Notting Hill Carnival where the sound systems are so loud the building shakes for 48 hours. However I haven't the condition you have. My sympathy!

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just get wound up by everyone mostly.... Miserable old b*stard my kids call me.....

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK