Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If the lines are still open? I'd like to press 1 for @Brunneria :D

image.jpeg

Reactions: 13 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Isn't that rather a waste of your time surely it would be simpler just to ask that if anyone is interested in becoming a moderator to let you know then put it to a draw which would be fairer if there are more applicants than positions

We were actually going to put it up for a vote - it's more democratic! Mods are very important to the forum and so it's not a waste of time at all! :)

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We were actually going to put it up for a vote - it's more democratic! Mods are very important to the forum and so it's not a waste of time at all! :)

Put em all in leotards & legwarmers like a Broadway audition..

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you mean that all members will be given the opportunity to elect the 5 new moderators, @Administrator? Even if the current moderators and admin do not approve? Will anyone currently a mod or admin be scrutinising nominees' posting history?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean that all members will be given the opportunity to elect the 5 new moderators, @Administrator? Even if the current moderators and admin do not approve? Will anyone currently a mod or admin be scrutinising nominees' posting history?
Let's hope so! That's me off the hook for a start. :D

Reactions: 2 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Yeah (I think) - we're just taking all nominations first - so feel free to nominate any number of people.

Yes, post history, warnings/bans, likes and general sentiment are looked at. The most important part is time on the forum (as a mod needs to be on the forum!). We'll ask everyone nominated if they wanted to be in the vote. If they choose to be, we'll put them into a poll and then that'll be pushed out for voting.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I asked my previous question, because I don't want to see this become a complete farce.

Or goalposts be moved after the game has started.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah (I think) - we're just taking all nominations first - so feel free to nominate any number of people.

Yes, post history, warnings/bans, likes and general sentiment are looked at. The most important part is time on the forum (as a mod needs to be on the forum!). We'll ask everyone nominated if they wanted to be in the vote. If they choose to be, we'll put them into a poll and then that'll be pushed out for voting.

Thank you @Administrator .
I think our posts were simultaneous. So hadn't seen your response.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the lines are still open? I'd like to press 1 for @Brunneria :D

View attachment 17371

Thanks, @Jaylee for the vote of confidence, but I would have to behave like a grownup. All the time. And I can barely manage it for a few minutes a day.

I once said that I would make a terrible mod - for several reasons. They all still stand.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
we'll put them into a poll and then that'll be pushed out for voting.

****. I was going to ave a go. But my dancing is more "classically trained"..
I didn't realize it was strictly "exotic".. o_O

Reactions: 11 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a generous health plan thrown in with the mod position..? o_O

Reactions: 9 people
K

Kat100

Sometimes situations have resulted in members being ridiculed in other places ! Not nice to talk about here ..

I have not enjoyed that behaviour at all ...

And for me , that was instigated by a mod in the past sending me a link to as I recall my email ....
I thought I was helping out this forum ... But that was not the case .. I had a nasty experience .. So who was moderating that moderator at the time ! Good governance ...

And here we are nominating ,!!! but how do we know who to trust .. ( my thoughts only ) this is not personal just my experience ..

What is the critiera for a moderator and what is their mission statement used to ensure members enjoy and benefit from the forum
Just asking ..not out of personal interest .. Just general information .. ..because I don't want to feel mislead agsin ..

Thank you ..

Also I would like to add there are many great members on this forum .. Choose the right five .. :)
I make no personal choice .. At this stage .. @Administrator

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Having given this some thought, I need clarificarion please @Administrator.

Is the procedure to be:

Nominations made by any member
Nominations scrutinised by current mods and admin
Any nominated deemed unsuitable or unworthy by current mods and admin excluded
Remaining nominees asked if they wish to stand
A poll of those nominated set up?

I think I have many more questions yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.