Month pregnant

auntna81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok okay hello everyone I am new to this ordeal. I'm for sure at least a month pregnant now and I'm having problems with my glucose sugar levels they're either too high or too low. I mean what does that mean to take medicine every day like I'm supposed to and I do try to eat right drink water but I'm still having problems.

Urru05

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I just found out that I'm pregnant!!!! I'm on shock and panicking because my sugars are very high during night between 12-18 and breakfast meal 10-12. I don't have nurse appointment until next Thursday, I have booked yesterday to check out what's going with my levels. But not for pregnancy which found out this morning. I'm on insulin pump
I'm scared that I'll have to loose my baby with this amount of sugar 12-18 during sleep and morning; happening for the last 2 weeks.
I would really appreciate any advice or if any of you had a similar experience please please let me know!

Xx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @auntna81 and @Urru05 Congratulations both on your pregnancies :)

I can only speak from experience in terms of the fact that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when pregnant at 23 weeks, which was a bit late the day, from that point forward I was placed under fortnightly appointments with my diabetes nurse who helped me cope with the insulin injections and managing my blood glucose levels, before this point I have no idea how long I was diabetic for, however I quickly became aware that running high meant more glucose feeding the baby, hence the need for better control. I wouldn't say my BG levels were great during this period as I struggled greatly with both being pregnant, hormones and the diabetes however I was induced early at 37 weeks and gave birth to a healthy girl.

All you can do is your best in terms of monitoring your blood glucose levels and managing your insulin, use your nurse to get more support with this if you feel you are struggling and keep a record of your readings so you have a reference you can use at your appointments to track patterns and help with adjustments. Good luck and let us know how you get on :)