Morning High

Phillweaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Type 2 Diabetes that's what I dislike!!
I have only been self monitoring for a fairly short time so I am probably a bit obsessive over this.

However after having a good weekend following a low carb diet and maintaining between 6 and 6.5 mmol/l I have woken this morning to a much higher 7.5.

I did have some potato with a very nice steak from Lidl as an experiment last night along with a small glass of Merlot (which resulted in an 8.5 mmol/l in the blood machine):angelic:

Would this high last night have lasted all night ?:bored:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't worry about that it is not very high and sometimes we wake higher than usual for no particular reason. You are doing well so that's good

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have only been self monitoring for a fairly short time so I am probably a bit obsessive over this.

However after having a good weekend following a low carb diet and maintaining between 6 and 6.5 mmol/l I have woken this morning to a much higher 7.5.

I did have some potato with a very nice steak from Lidl as an experiment last night along with a small glass of Merlot (which resulted in an 8.5 mmol/l in the blood machine):angelic:

Would this high last night have lasted all night ?:bored:

What we eat the day before can affect our morning fasting levels. Too many carbs (and also too much protein) can do this. Your glass of Merlot will not have affected anything. (if anything it helps to keep levels down post meal as alcohol keeps the liver busy so it doesn't produce any of its own glucose, but this usually is only while the alcohol is in the system). Also a poor night's sleep will affect matters.

No need to worry unless it becomes a trend.