MRI results

S

Sharon Anne

Hey guys first off I want to thank you for everything you guys have done for me even when I have been talking about my health anxiety you have all still supported me x
Well to be honest I am sat here not knowing what to do .
I was told the ther day a letter about my MRI was in the post and today I got one saying I needed to have another scan ?? I freaked and my husband called the DR his secretary suggested he take me in for a quick chat with the DR . Well he says the part of the brain he wanted to look at is clear however they have found a fluid sac ( spinal fluid ) they want a more detailed scan . He says he was not too worried but the radiologist as asked for it .
Guys I don't know what to do and I am telling you I guess in the hope that someone else on this huge forum maybe have been told the same or knows someone that has.
He says there are no tumours from what he can see .
Please don't feel you have to answer this I because I know it's the wrong subject to put on here I just don't know where else to turn and I guess where we share the same common ground with Diabetes well you never know someone else may have gone through this .
My hubby is saying he thinks if the Dr was really worried he would have me in not sending me home to wait for two weeks for a scan xxx
Sorry guys I am just so tired of first the diabetes and I wanted to have closure xx
So to clarify its a fluid sac he said ( spinal fluid ) .
Tonight my head just feels like it will explode and I don't think I have ever felt so alone xxx

S

Sharon Anne

Oh thank you so much I am sat here with a pounding head crying my eyes out x I have been having blance and vision problems thatts why they did it x he did say there are no tumours he can see x the Consultant said he isn't worried but the radioologist wants another one .
Do you really think it will be okay x

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isnt that wonderful that someone on here can provide you with so much information. You must feel a lot more reassured. :)

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sharon Anne

It will be fine. x Don't panic and don't cry.

I know how scared you are and I know how little information there is out there.

Make sure you get copies of your scans from the hospital.

Study them yourself in the meantime, before you go back to see the Dr. It will help you feel positive and to have more control and you'll know more about questions to ask when you do see him/her.

Also look up 'Chiari malformation', which can SOMETIMES be the cause of problems with spinal fluid in the brain.

If you work with your hub you should be able to see whether you have any signs of it from your scans.

If it's caused by that, and I am BY NO MEANS saying it is. At worst they do an operation at the back/base of your skull. Sometimes an operation is not necessary.
My neighbour had it done recently, and she's fine.

But that might be what they're asking for a second scan TO RULE OUT.

There are chiari malformation websites out there which show other people's scans and how it's diagnosed.
Don't panic though, they're probably just wanting a scan to rule it out.
So please don't panic. Been there, done that, got the T shirt and it doesn't help at all.
It'll probably just be one of those things that's just there, needing no treatment.
xxxx (Hugs)
It will be fine. x Don't panic and don't cry.

I know how scared you are and I know how little information there is out there.

Make sure you get copies of your scans from the hospital.

Study them yourself in the meantime, before you go back to see the Dr. It will help you feel positive and to have more control and you'll know more about questions to ask when you do see him/her.

Also look up 'Chiari malformation', which can SOMETIMES be the cause of problems with spinal fluid in the brain.

If you work with your hub you should be able to see whether you have any signs of it from your scans.

If it's caused by that, and I am BY NO MEANS saying it is. At worst they do an operation at the back/base of your skull. Sometimes an operation is not necessary.
My neighbour had it done recently, and she's fine.

But that might be what they're asking for a second scan TO RULE OUT.

There are chiari malformation websites out there which show other people's scans and how it's diagnosed.
Don't panic though, they're probably just wanting a scan to rule it out.
So please don't panic. Been there, done that, got the T shirt and it doesn't help at all.
It'll probably just be one of those things that's just there, needing no treatment.
xxxx (Hugs)

S

Sharon Anne

Thnk you so much x I suffer from health anxiety really badly nd start therapy next week so I try not to look things up xx but your right it's probably one of those things that is just there x so my I ask from what you know and I am sorry for asking again but you have heard of it being nothing to worry about x my hubby says he doesn't think they would have waited three weeks to contact me and the another two weeks for scan if they were worried and dr said he wasn't bit radiology want another one xx

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you got an answer Sharon to your question. I just wanted to say that I'm sure they wouldn't make you wait if the doctor was concerned. They wouldn't leave you like that. My hubby had to have MRI scans after becoming ill in 2011 and sometimes a second one is the doctors wanting to be thorough. Better to be safe than sorry. Take care :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sharon Anne

Now I am thinking about it
Glad you got an answer Sharon to your question. I just wanted to say that I'm sure they wouldn't make you wait if the doctor was concerned. They wouldn't leave you like that. My hubby had to have MRI scans after becoming ill in 2011 and sometimes a second one is the doctors wanting to be thorough. Better to be safe than sorry. Take care :)

S

Sharon Anne

Thank you all x I tell you I couldn't have got through the past hour without you x I have really made myself unwell x I have just managed to get into therapy off my own back and just want to put the MRI to rest x my hubby and son are at there wits end xx my son said tonight I just want my mum back xx

S

Sharon Anne

I researched and studied it all after finding out I had two syrinx a few years ago.

I remember at the time that there were also spinal fluid sacs in the brain too. Syringobulbia I think it was called.

As far as my syrinx are concerned, I found out that:

Some young people have a spinal fluid cyst in their spinal cord.

It can be there from birth, where it doesn't close up properly after birth.

It can come from the cerebellar tonsils pushing down into the spinal cord. Chiari Malformation.

It can also come from an accident or an untreated brain injury as in my case.

Unfortunately for me, Poole Hospital covered up my syrinx in my spinal cord, as they could have been blamed by the Ins Co of the drugged driver who hit me. So they covered up all my spinal injuries and left my Brain Injury for four months before diagnosing it, in an effort to cover it all up.

It was 14 years before I found out what they'd done, as my lawyer was involved in it all too. Married to a Dr at the hospital. Lol Long story!

I agree with hubby, they wouldn't have written to you, and made you wait for weeks.

I got an instant phone call and a new scan within days.

So don't worry x Listen to that hub! ;)

S

Sharon Anne

Thank you all your kind information as been so reassuring x I just don't know if my hubby is just trying to make me feel better or making sense Hun . He is saying it is one of those things I may never have know about and probably been there many years .
He says I need to look at how long it took the drs three weeks for scan results then I now hve two weeks for next scan but I thought two weeks was emergency list ???
He says he admits he has never heard of it but when he spoke to the dr himself while I was crying my eyes out the dr said it wasn't him tht was concerned as such but radiology wanted it retaking . Now he says I need to remember that's the neurologist ( consultant) x
Oh Hun is he taliking **** or making sense xx I am so sorry for this but with the diabetes being new I am fed up xx

S

Sharon Anne

Well done Sharon.
It's the best thing to do, deal with your anxiety and get back to your hubby and son. Who sound wonderful If I may say so. :)
Can't worry about what might not be.
Thank you they are x hubby says I should be celebrating they found nothing sinister xx what do you think ... I mean really ???

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Believe me Sharon, I am a worrier, ridiculously so. It is easy for me to give advice but taking it is something else. I think your next MRI is in two weeks simply so that the results will be fresh alongside your first one. You don't want to make yourself ill my dear, and again it's harder to do than to say but honestly I'm adamant you'll be okay. I wish you well and stay strong. Your hubby and son are there for you and what seems frightening and confusing now, won't be soon. I'd like the chance to tell you.."I told you so", with a big grin at the end of it :p

S

Sharon Anne

Just told him wht you said and he asked me to thank you xx you have given me so much reasurence.
He also asked me to tell you that the thing I am not listening to no pun intended he says ( I am profoundly deaf ) is that the Consultant neurologist said it was radiology that requested this other scan not him x he says that speaks volumes , do you get that because it's Gompers over my head

S

Sharon Anne

Believe me Sharon, I am a worrier, ridiculously so. It is easy for me to give advice but taking it is something else. I think your next MRI is in two weeks simply so that the results will be fresh alongside your first one. You don't want to make yourself ill my dear, and again it's harder to do than to say but honestly I'm adamant you'll be okay. I wish you well and stay strong. Your hubby and son are there for you and what seems frightening and confusing now, won't be soon. I'd like the chance to tell you.."I told you so", with a big grin at the end of it :p
thank the the Consultant seems less concerned than the radiologist they are the ones requesting it xx

S

Sharon Anne

Do you know what I am sat here in bed having spent all day worrying I have a banging head .
You guys have been amazing and Dibbles1 you have turned my night around .
I have been diagnosed with depression and my Beautiful family have been torn apart by it and I promised myself once this scan was out of the way I would chuck myself into therapy and living my life.
I have lost so many loved ones in the last few years my beautiful MUm to Cancer two sisters to cancer and suicide and two brothers to a blood clot and another suicide, then my kind gentle Dad xx two of them just last year my Dad and Sister weeks apart.
Well guys I am just scared its me next I have lived with brittle bone condition all my life , ( no worries ) my deafness fine , but then I started having symtoms the drs said Anxiety now the scan and I dunno I just keep thinking I am next and I have to leave my boy .
I am sat here alone in the living room sobbing while I write this. That's not a bad thing because I think I need to .
I was diagnosed with diabetes three months ago and I seem to be doing okay lost three stone ( one and half since feb ) . Just after diagnosis I lost my sense of taste and hence the scan x nothing found ( also my pupils went small) .
I just wanted to walk in there and get the all clear something my hubby says if I would just think for minute I would see i did as the consultant said it was radiology who want a repeat and he is saying the Consultant wouldn't think of saying that if he was worried.

Telling you guys something no one knows it's not about all that because I guess I can see that it's about the losses of my family so young so cruel and I have this fear I am next and I don't want to leave my boy xxxxx
There ou go sorry not really about diabetes but I just started typing and couldn't stop xxxx

S

Sharon Anne

LOL Yes! I get what he's saying Sharon, and he's right, it speaks volumes.
It's the radiologist wanting to have a better picture, to be able to rule things out! So he can give a proper & concise report to the Neurologist.
They're quite pernickety these radiologists. :rolleyes:
I hope you know how amazing you have been tonight xxx please stay in touch

A

AnnieC

Hi Sharon I know it is easy to say don't worry but it is what we all do when it is the unknown. I would think as your next scan is two weeks away that it is not something they are that worried about...as your GP said... if they had been surely they would have wanted another scan straight away so that sounds like good news and the scan is just to clarify things but not serious Keep your chin up and I am sure the outcome will be all good

saffynix

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being a diabetic
Hi Sharon mine isn't the same as you ,but I know the worry and fear you feel .i was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm 4yrs ago and had it coiled then after a MRI check up was told they were pleased with the coiled aneurysm and the second one hasn't changed, I hadn't been told I had a second one so now they are just going to watch it which means a wait of two yrs then have another MRI which is due November. So I am living with two bombs in my head ,I just have to push it away and try not to think about it and now my diabetus has gone AWOL so am trying to sort it out on here . All I can say is try and stay positive and have faith in your drs .keep us informed.