muller light

matt28781

are muller lights ok to eat, im having a hard time with this whole diet lark. all i see is no potatoes rice pasta cerials..but pasta rice potatoes is my main staple...what will i replace it with lol.

yes veggies are good but you cant have a bolonaise with carrots and peas to make up for the pasta lol.
someone please give me some advice.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can have a bolognese with Dreamfields pasta. It low carb and tastes the same.
If you are low-carbing, don't worry. It soon becomes second nature.

I used to be a carb addict but I'm all right now.

wiflib

Trinkwasser

wiflib said:
You can have a bolognese with Dreamfields pasta. It low carb and tastes the same.
If you are low-carbing, don't worry. It soon becomes second nature.

I used to be a carb addict but I'm all right now.

wiflib

Also try runner beans, bean sprouts, spaghetti squash, quinoa, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus . . . there's a lot of thinking out of the box required but much of what you substitute for the missing carbs is more nutritious and tastier.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Read the panel on the Muller Lite. I don't eat any flavoured yughurt, because they tend to be full of sugar, but I don't know about this one. I use wholemilk Greek yoghurt with a few berries or a teaspoon of low sugar jam.
Definitely keep off the starches as much as you can. they turn to glucose very fast. look at some GI tables and they will tell you how fast something turns to glucose, but not the amount. 100% of a starch becomes glucose eventually. Things you expect to be slow, like a jacket potatto, can be amazingly fast.
GI tables are free on the interweb.
If you can't get to eating veggies, then look at websites selling low carb foods and read the panels carefully. It's expensive, but it's there.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I looked up Muller light and the panel said 18.0 carbs. that's higher than I would eat, but fine for many people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i have muller lite,depends on the flavour as the one i have is 7.6 carbs,toffee and such are high :D i have no prob with them

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Muller light is much lower than most other flavoured yoghurts. I find that I have no problems with it with my bs. Some can be a bit too sweet though so I avoid them...especially the banana cheesecake one. Enjoy. :D

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
I've just started with Muller lights as either a snack food or with my packing up at work. They where mentioned on the list of foods I could eat from the Drs. I was told to buy only "yellow" fruit or "red fruit"

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Cameraman said:
I've just started with Muller lights as either a snack food or with my packing up at work. They where mentioned on the list of foods I could eat from the Drs. I was told to buy only "yellow" fruit or "red fruit"
Hi Cameraman,
Muller Lights are fairly low in carbohydrate so shouldn't have too big an impact on your blood sugar.

Unfortunately the yellow and red fruits advise is complete nonsense. Bananas are yellow and are on the strictly forbidden list for most diabetics because they have an extremely high sugar content. Red grapes also contain quite high sugar.

I see in another post that you mention your wife is trying to find out what foods are good or bad for you. In general terms it is the foods that contain less carbohydrates, like vegetables and some fruits that are best. Unfortunately these are things that don't come packaged with the carb and sugar content, so instead I recommend that you get hold of a Collins Little Gen Carb Counter book. This is pocket size, so easy to carry round when you do the food shopping. It costs about £2.99 from WH Smiths or most book shops and tells you the carb content of just about every food you could possibly eat.

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
Dennis said:
I recommend that you get hold of a Collins Little Gen Carb Counter book. This is pocket size, so easy to carry round when you do the food shopping. It costs about £2.99 from WH Smiths or most book shops and tells you the carb content of just about every food you could possibly eat.

Thanks for that, I'll look out for one. We've already bought some on the low GI so we should now get a more rounded view with both :D

Trinkwasser

Cameraman said:

Seems like your doctor has got half a clue but no more than that.

The New Zealand version of "Five A Day" is "Five Colours A Day" and there's a lot to be said for that approach, however there are things of all colours that can spike your BG unacceptably

Here are some relatively safe veggies

http://www.diabetic-talk.org/freeveggies.htm

Blueberries are usually pretty good (test though) they're the exact opposite of red or yellow <G>