Mushrooms.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure have - several times! Don't mind the 'bit waterier' when it comes out the freezer, most stuff gets a little waterier anyway, so I just take that into account in whatever I'm doing with it. Sometimes add butter, or cream, even a bit of yogurt on occasion - whatever's at hand, really.
Excellent. Glad you like it. It addds such depth and richness to anything yet still light. I LOVE the herbs and garlic!
It took me and a martini to concoct the right blend and portions and then wasn’t really sure what I did. A little of this, little of that. Sip. More of this, more of that. Sip..
I actually think I like it better than regular gravy.
Some nights I just plop some chicken/ turkey and veggies in it and heat it up as a fast soup. Love it.

Reactions: TIANDB and Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My efforts are a 'bit of this' or a 'bit of that' - coz when I first saw the gravy recipe you'd posted in another thread (quite a while ago now, so haven't a clue which one!), you just gave ingredients without saying how much of each, so I just put a few things in & hoped for the best :eek: (as you do). Comes out fine.

Shall have to try the "martini" method :D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My efforts are a 'bit of this' or a 'bit of that' - coz when I first saw the gravy recipe you'd posted in another thread (quite a while ago now, so haven't a clue which one!), you just gave ingredients without saying how much of each, so I just put a few things in & hoped for the best :eek: (as you do). Comes out fine.

Shall have to try the "martini" method :D
That a sign of a good cook! I never use recipes. Just ideas. Except for baking but I don’t bake anymore. Haha.
I used to use recipes, then make it again my way ( sometimes not even close to the recipe) and the family finally just asked me to ‘Kristinize’ it first and skip the recipe. Haha.

The martini method works great but the kitchen tends to look like a tornado passed through