My 6 year old granddaughter

Grandmakris48

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I am the grandma to my 6 year old granddaughter. She has Type 1 Diabetes. She was diagnosed about a year ago. I am interested in getting advice and suggestions on her blood sugar levels. She has been running low and I have given her soda, which seems to work quick and good . My son disagrees with this telling me to give her juice. It seems that juice takes longer than soda. Also, should a diabetic carry candy in her diabetic bag? Please offer feedback. I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You'll get a LOT of advice here and I'm not qualified to comment but you HAVE found the right site.

Your news breaks my heart (she is so young) but there is a way forward. Take care and follow the thread. Some great people will be responding

Mike

Grandmakris48

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll get a LOT of advice here and I'm not qualified to comment but you HAVE found the right site.

Your news breaks my heart (she is so young) but there is a way forward. Take care and follow the thread. Some great people will be responding

Mike

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thank You

It is my pleasure ...... this is what this site is all about. Advice, compassion, understanding and a direction in what to do next

Bless You with your concerns. Mike