My blood sugar spikes after a night's sleep.

memememeiii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dunno. Strange question.
Why is this happening? I'm new to testing and don't really understand why after not eating meals my blood sugar would be higher.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it is totally normal with raising morning blood glucose , therefore look after your morning blood glucose if they are in avarage rising then it is time to go even lower carb wise or/and protein wise many times as well

As you have maybe been fasting, then it can also happen the first days of a fast as well as the liver uses its reserves stored for glucose roduction there too... after more days of fasting usually peoples morning numbers get a bit better or even very much better... depends a few has a body that steals proteins from other places in their bodies and changes that into glucose also... then fasting is maybe not their way of going, that is a personal judgement after experience , but one can only be sure after many days of fasting of that.

memememeiii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dunno. Strange question.
Thank you. Useful feedback! I'll look into this.

memememeiii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dunno. Strange question.
Hmmmm. Interesting. A week ago I had a huge allergic reaction and had to be injected with steroids during an anaphylactic reaction. Went to A&E, etc. I wonder if a week and a half later, this can still be impacting sugar dumps from the liver, etc.