my brother is type 1

saffie547

My younger brother was diagnosed type 1 back in Dec 2011. He is only 7. I find it really hard, I'm struggling to cope with it, I can't imagine how he feels. :(
I would like to meet other people in my situation.
I am 9yrs old. :problem:

Jessw123

hi im Jess im 14 your brother was diagnosed just after myne my brother was the same age it is exttremely difficult but they adapt and your brother will get used to it it may be tough for you it was me but i realised that you have to be strong and get through it there is lots of help out there it is difficult but it gets easier my brother sais at first he didnt know what it was but then diabetican nurse came along and helped him and thats how we got through its scary at first but then its easy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Saffie
Look up Diabetes Uk on-line. You will find groups for young people like you and your brother. they even run holiday activities and camps
Hana

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I I'm a type 1 diabetic and I have a sister who is T1. However, she is 18 and I'm only 11 :crazy: . We were diagnosed 1 year apart ( I was 2, she was 7) and eventhough both of us having diabetes for so long , she still feels sorry for me. The point is your brother will learn to deal with T1 with your help. However, when he's High or Low leave him alone otherwize he will get mad at you for no reason what so ever (I learn from personal experience).