My daughter age 6 has Autism , last month she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Roicon

My daughter age 6 has autism last month she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Any other parents with a child who has ASD and type 1. I'm feeling very overwhelmed as although she is verbal she can't express how she's feeling. So I'm very worried about hypo's. I can tell by her behaviour if her sugars are high. She also started in school and they have been brilliant. Very supportive. She ha in a special autism class in a mainstream school. So there is one teacher and assistance to 6 children.

A

asparagusp

I'm sorry I can't be of help to you but I feel for you. I am relieved that you have managed at the very least to have found a good school. With very best wishes to you both - asparagusp

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I wish I could offer some words of wisdom regarding your daughter. Unfortunately I can not as I know nothing of her condition. All I can say is welcome to the forum and I am sure there will be someone who is able to help you. :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Roicon

Have you asked your daughter's team whether she would be entitled to a CGM or Libre? That might help you monitor her blood sugar more closely and relieve the worry of hypos.