My days

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OMG its working ive tested at 6-6 today!! First time in single figures. Oh its a wonderful day. Wow.i must be boringvthe pants off people with my strange eating habits but I'm oh so happy and want the world to know it. I know its just the once but I feel like the hard work (and it is hard!) Is finally paying off. And all because I'm feeding my body x x

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jo, not boring anyone. So glad to hear you soooo happy. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Liam1955

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Ah! I just found that too. Very well done! That's impressive. It can only get easier now.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the truly marvelous things about being diabetic and eating low carbs is just how quickly your body starts to respond and now it seems its responding to you too @Jogreen21
Just remember there will be big ups as well as downs from that 6.6 so don't get discouraged when one comes along.

great new so far .... roll on day 6 :)

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@CherryAA that's what's happened today, I've just tested high and again I feel a failure and deflated,my body wants to rid itself of the food (one egg at breakfast, a bowl of veg at lunch and teatime was some chicken and 6 sprouts) I feel a bit foolish telling people I've eaten 6 sprouts and some chicken,it just doesn't sound right does it? I thought this was over but obviously it still has a hold over me. I want to rip it out of my stomach (I'm too scared to injure myself,not that I want to!) Oh dear me. Perhaps my expectations were too high? I'm really trying not to dwell on the bad things but it won't go away.its sitting there like a brick.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so you tested high this evening; just ride it out and let it pass, as it surely will. You KNOW that you're not a failure - how can you forget the past 5 days so easily ???

Just half an hour before this you were ready and waiting for day 6 - so GET READY, be prepared, and tackle Day 6 head on.

In the meantime, don't dwell on either your food or the result; go watch the Royal Variety, or something - take you mind off things

Reactions: LAR and Snapsy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Jo
Your body is going to need to get balanced again...the fact that you got a 6 is phenomenal!! Now your body is re educating itself. Be patient (and proud)...

Look at the beautiful village Picchu Machu and where it is placed in Peru... that is the place I pucture myself when I've done well with my eating.... when I'm ill and suffering really bad I don't feel like I'm at the bottom of that mountain, but jyst resting watching the Condor bords flying on the side before starting another climb the rest of the way...

I personally think you are brilliant.

Your body will accept and adjust but keeping your mind and activities and life active and good is going to help the adjustments...

Keep positive!!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WHOOPEE ITS DAY5 !!!! it may not seem long to you but ive eaten everyday and its finally day 5. Its been like climbing a mountain. . . Long hard slog but a beautiful view at the top. And ive NOT been sick.x

amazing Jogreen <3

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
OMG its working ive tested at 6-6 today!! First time in single figures. Oh its a wonderful day. Wow.i must be boringvthe pants off people with my strange eating habits but I'm oh so happy and want the world to know it. I know its just the once but I feel like the hard work (and it is hard!) Is finally paying off. And all because I'm feeding my body x x
NOT BORING ... We all want to know peoples good news!!! WELL DONE x

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
we all here have our ups and downs it takes a lot of time to find out to control the blood glucose almost all the time... the best way to stop the morning liver glucose spikes is eating something fat and protein filled.. maybe you can´t do that right now but continue what you are doing now, then later you can expand your food numbers...

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Jogreen21 you're an absolute star. We're here for you. In your last post you say you feel like a failure. You're NOT. You're achieving fantastic things.

Ups and downs, and little steps. Every single step counts. You're doing great. Really you are. Be kind to yourself.

:)