My days

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@CherryAA that's what's happened today, I've just tested high and again I feel a failure and deflated,my body wants to rid itself of the food (one egg at breakfast, a bowl of veg at lunch and teatime was some chicken and 6 sprouts) I feel a bit foolish telling people I've eaten 6 sprouts and some chicken,it just doesn't sound right does it? I thought this was over but obviously it still has a hold over me. I want to rip it out of my stomach (I'm too scared to injure myself,not that I want to!) Oh dear me. Perhaps my expectations were too high? I'm really trying not to dwell on the bad things but it won't go away.its sitting there like a brick.

@Jogreen21, for the very first time you have reported a set of food for the day that sounds like a real day's food . You have been in the grip of this illness for years, and it will take a while to get over the hold it has on you.

After I found out abut this disease and started testing, I was horrified to find out just how high it sent my blood sugars when I ate anything ( 20 + sometimes ) . over time as my body got used to the much better food , it gradually stopped reacting so badly and now five months later, after eating about the same amount that had me panicking I am now wondering if my meter has stopped working because very little is happening to my blood sugar at all after eating (moving from 5.5 to 6.5) . You are starting from a different base and your body has to get used to different things, but in time if you keep giving it the right things it will gradually learn. The fact that you did record a low number today, even if it as just the once, and even if you don't see it again for another month shows that it is possible for your body to do it .

So now you know you can eat and retain some food and you can build on that, and your body can create a low blood sugar reading and you can build on that too. A week ago you knew neither of these things . Success will come from slowly building forom here and you can do that. I know you can.
[[hugs]]