My Diabetes My Way .. Scotland

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi every one who's in Scotland ... Could I just say if you haven joined this already, then do please consider joining. My Diabetes My Way is a brilliantly designed way to view your diabetes results. It has charts and result numbers as well as a full expiation of everything you are viewing. Grafts show where your results are regarding being in the normal range.
It's free to join and as you can see your blood test results and medication before you see the DBN then you are better equipped to ask the relevant questions at the meeting. Rather than sitting listening to the DBN telling you the results.
It has been a very useful tool for me in managing my diabetes, and understanding all the test results.
www.mydiabetesmyway

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be good to hear from others that use the My Diabetes My Way site

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I signed up sometime in March and, although my DN will tell me my results at my first review meeting on May 11th, they were posted online on My Diabetes, My Way a few days after the test. I'm taking a print of them with me to my DESMOND course tomorrow. Every diabetic in Scotland should sign up as it's another great motivator and I hope they roll it out across the UK.

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I signed up sometime in March and, although my DN will tell me my results at my first review meeting on May 11th, they were posted online on My Diabetes, My Way a few days after the test. I'm taking a print of them with me to my DESMOND course tomorrow. Every diabetic in Scotland should sign up as it's another great motivator and I hope they roll it out across the UK.
I like it as you can have your results before seeing the DSN so know what questions to ask ..rather than using all the time waiting for the DSN to find your results!

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've used My Diabetes My Way since I was diagnosed and found it to be very useful to see how you have progressed over time.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've used My Diabetes My Way since I was diagnosed and found it to be very useful to see how you have progressed over time.
Me to, it explains things easer as you can go back look again at the bit you think you have forgotten .. Unlike being with the DSN .. Who will not help in my medical practice!!'n

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
I'm just waiting on my password top come through the post

Reactions: 3 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One of the many benefits of living in Scotland ;) I do hope it will be rolled out to the rest of the UK soon.

Reactions: 3 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Has it crashed. I can't get onto the site.

Hi @Scottish Mum. I tried it an hour or so ago and, like you, I got an error message but it seems OK now. It takes quite a while to get through the registration process as they post stuff to you but it's definitely worth the wait.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Scottish Mum. I tried it an hour or so ago and, like you, I got an error message but it seems OK now. It takes quite a while to get through the registration process as they post stuff to you but it's definitely worth the wait.
Pleased your also signed up ..the info is invaluable for managing diabetes.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just waiting on my password top come through the post
It's will be with you soon ..but if you think it's lost somewhere, do contact them via their web page and they will send you another form to sign ... They are very friendly .. My first PW got lost in the post !

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No .. @jason134 its only in Scotland... But who knows if it's that successful it could start up in England and Wales

* Sigh*
I'm just a couple of miles the wrong side of the border :banghead:
It's an excellent resource , and in an ideal world it should be adopted throughout the whole of the UK. But given the utter foul up of the NHS computer systems in England generally, it could be a long time coming :rolleyes:

Signy