1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, would you like to BETA test the Low Carb Program app and help improve it? Register your interest »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My eyes - Retinas ...

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by fletchweb, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:44 PM.

1. fletchweb

fletchweb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Gee, my pupils are still dilated so everything is a bit blurry at the moment. Hopefully I don't have many typos. Just got back from the ophthalmologist. As a kid family and health professionals would constantly remind me that I could lose my sight if I didn;t take care of myself - A hell of a thing to be told when you're only 5 yrs old. So over the years I've developed this anxiety of losing my sight.

About 10 years ago I finally got over that anxiety Just saw my ophthalmologist. - after living with type 1 for 51 years I'm happy to say that my retinas are good! I won't see him until next year - however I wouldn't call this success - I call it being lucky

I'll be glad when my pupils return to normal :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great news, all down to your good control. Well done.

Sometimes HCPs forget the carrot when they are using the stick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Great news @fletchweb . Success or luck, after 51yrs you are a leading example for us all to take inspiration from.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My pupils took about 4 hours to get back to normal, they’d said one hour! :cool:

5. Robkww

Robkww · Well-Known Member

51 years - fantastic effort @fletchweb and well done on the retinas!

• Like Like x 1
  6. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I find it varies from year to year about how long it takes for my pupils to undilate (might not be a word but I'm going to stick with it!).
    Most of the time I am back to normality within about an hour but on one occasion it took 4 hours. Since then, I have made sure I work from home on the day of my scan so I don't have to cross a major road when everything is blurry and restrict my planned work to phone calls rather than writing reports.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook