My eyes - Retinas ...

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Gee, my pupils are still dilated so everything is a bit blurry at the moment. Hopefully I don't have many typos. Just got back from the ophthalmologist. As a kid family and health professionals would constantly remind me that I could lose my sight if I didn;t take care of myself - A hell of a thing to be told when you're only 5 yrs old. So over the years I've developed this anxiety of losing my sight.

About 10 years ago I finally got over that anxiety Just saw my ophthalmologist. - after living with type 1 for 51 years I'm happy to say that my retinas are good! I won't see him until next year - however I wouldn't call this success - I call it being lucky

I'll be glad when my pupils return to normal :)

Reactions: Ixarix and tony n

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Great news, all down to your good control. Well done.

Sometimes HCPs forget the carrot when they are using the stick.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news @fletchweb . Success or luck, after 51yrs you are a leading example for us all to take inspiration from.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pupils took about 4 hours to get back to normal, they’d said one hour! :cool:

D

Deleted Account

I find it varies from year to year about how long it takes for my pupils to undilate (might not be a word but I'm going to stick with it!).
Most of the time I am back to normality within about an hour but on one occasion it took 4 hours. Since then, I have made sure I work from home on the day of my scan so I don't have to cross a major road when everything is blurry and restrict my planned work to phone calls rather than writing reports.