My first half marathon

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
At the weekend I took part in The Royal Parks half marathon in London.
I have been training for this and . Learning how my body reacts to exercise and insulin. The race could not have gone better, but on the day diabetes tried it's best to put some hurdles in the way!!
https://type1bri.com/a-weekend-to-remember

Reactions: Fairygodmother

ketondaddy

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At the weekend I took part in The Royal Parks half marathon in London.
I have been training for this and . Learning how my body reacts to exercise and insulin. The race could not have gone better, but on the day diabetes tried it's best to put some hurdles in the way!!
https://type1bri.com/a-weekend-to-remember

Hi there

Well done. Very encouraging. It makes me belive in what I am also doing more even when other type 1 people may think it is a bit crazy. I mean doing hard sport activity with this condition.

Thank you for sharing your story.:)

Reactions: Type1Bri

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Glad my story has inspired you in some way, good luck with your sporting venture

Reactions: ketondaddy

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Wow! Really impressive and inspiring. It's a terrific achievement and a great write up.

Can I ask what cgm you're using too? Is it expensive to run (sorry, tried to think of another term, pun not really desired)?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thank you
I am using the Dexcom G5
There was an offer on a while ago where you got the transmitter which lasts 3 months and 1 sensor which lasts 7 days for £160.
However the sensor can be restarted after 7 days, the longest I have got from 1 sensor is 28 days. Sensors are £50 ish each

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Sub note I'm not using the official Dexcom software, I'm using something called Xdrip+, which means the transmitter will last longer than the 90 days you get from Dexcom

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you.
I'll have to look into this and count the diminishing pennies (not all we baby boomers are living in luxury).
However, nuf of the poor me - not a good look - and your way of making a sensor last longer etc are really good to know! How do you restart it. Going to google the Xdrip+ now.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thank you.
I'll have to look into this and count the diminishing pennies (not all we baby boomers are living in luxury).
However, nuf of the poor me - not a good look - and your way of making a sensor last longer etc are really good to know! How do you restart it. Going to google the Xdrip+ now.
There is a really good Facebook group

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you. I think I’ll contact Dexcom to and ask them to alert me if there are any more offers