My First Visit to my Doctors since Diagnosis

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning all my friends I have just returned from my first visit to my doctors since he diagnosed yours truly with Diabetes type 2 (6 months ago) October 2016,I can't remember how or when I found this wonderful friendly and supportive Forum,I was in total shock for about 3 days and somehow stumbled upon all of you and the Forum,I will be totally honest with you all,I read 100's of your posts but didn't really accept what you were saying,but thank God I I joined the Forum ,Thank you everyone you are all diamonds and special people:)

My aim was to to eventually get off my medication of 2 Metformin twice a day and I can report back to you that as from to day the doctor has said stop the medication ,he was amazed at my progress and his words were "you should be our poster boy":D

he shook my hand which is a rarity and said we shall book you for a Hb1Ac and cholesterol blood test for 3 months from to day which will be the 28th July and an appointment with me,no one else(he seemed almost excited by my BG control ;)

So the words thank you hardly seem enough,but please accept my sincere thanks for giving me a new lease of life:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@wiseowl_123 . Officially today's top banana. Well done. Just goes to prove what can be achieved when we try.
Have an even better day than you was expecting and bask in the glory.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant to read this, its great when a plan comes together :)

Reactions: Prem51

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woohoo keep it up!! Seen you around the forums sometimes and I always love reading your posts, glad that we've been of some use to you.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all my friends I have just returned from my first visit to my doctors since he diagnosed yours truly with Diabetes type 2 (6 months ago) October 2016,I can't remember how or when I found this wonderful friendly and supportive Forum,I was in total shock for about 3 days and somehow stumbled upon all of you and the Forum,I will be totally honest with you all,I read 100's of your posts but didn't really accept what you were saying,but thank God I I joined the Forum ,Thank you everyone you are all diamonds and special people:)

My aim was to to eventually get off my medication of 2 Metformin twice a day and I can report back to you that as from to day the doctor has said stop the medication ,he was amazed at my progress and his words were "you should be our poster boy":D

he shook my hand which is a rarity and said we shall book you for a Hb1Ac and cholesterol blood test for 3 months from to day which will be the 28th July and an appointment with me,no one else(he seemed almost excited by my BG control ;)

So the words thank you hardly seem enough,but please accept my sincere thanks for giving me a new lease of life:)

congratulations dear Wiseowl , you are doing amazingly.... and you are also such a sweet person :) wonderfull to have here as a friend ...now out to enjoy sunshine and spring :):)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Glad to see the hard work paid off! :) Excellent news.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @therower @Bluetit1802 @db89 @Enclave @phdiabetic @Dairygrade @Freema @carol43 @daisyduck @zand @Juicyj my good friends many many thanks for all your posts they really are very much appreciated and most welcome,but without all your guidance and support,I wouldn't have got this far,now I shall endeavour to keep on the straight and narrow for the next 3 months until July 28th,and just hoping as from tomorrow now that I have stopped the Metformin my FBG will stay the same,must admit I am just a little nervous about the prospect;)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Congratulations on being a poster boy @wiseowl_123! Does that mean you have to pose for a photo shoot in swimming trunks?! :D
Your doctor sounds great, and it's good you got a HbA1c retest again after 3 months. :)

Reactions: zand

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Congratulations on being a poster boy @wiseowl_123! Does that mean you have to pose for a photo shoot in swimming trunks?! :D

Hi @Prem51 my friend this is as much as I can take off:D

images.png
images.jpg