My Hubby thinks I have an online boyfriend!!

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Ixarix! Welcome to the diabetes club! I wish I had discovered this Forum ages ago but I have to think that this is the time for me to have found it as I am finally at the stage where I really want to improve my diabetic status. It is a tough journey, but one that we truly don't have to travel alone if we take advantage of opportunities to share and learn, like this Forum. Just remember that no question is a dumb question when it comes to trying to figure out your journey and need some assistance along the way. Best of luck and I will be interested to see how you get along/L
I was lucky to find this forum so soon after diagnosis. I was in the hospital hospital with very high blood sugar about 2 months ago. When I came out I was lost, and scared. I'm working really hard to get things under control because I don't want to be sick like that again. I love chatting with the people here, there's a ton of information, and everyone is friendly.

Reactions: Prem51

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Ixarix! Welcome to the diabetes club! I wish I had discovered this Forum ages ago but I have to think that this is the time for me to have found it as I am finally at the stage where I really want to improve my diabetic status. It is a tough journey, but one that we truly don't have to travel alone if we take advantage of opportunities to share and learn, like this Forum. Just remember that no question is a dumb question when it comes to trying to figure out your journey and need some assistance along the way. Best of luck and I will be interested to see how you get along/L
While I was in the hospital I met my endocrinologist. She was one of the doctors on call. She was able to see, and evaluate me there. She also agreed to take me on as a patient, which helped expedite my follow up appoint with her. She is the nicest doctor I have met. She recommended the Libre for me, which is proving to be a valuable tool since it lets me see my spikes and where I might do things differently. Diabetes isn't fun, but I truly believe like you said that now is the time for me to start tackling it, as there is so much that seems to have been placed on my path to help me.

Reactions: Prem51

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@lindijanice

I confess that initially after my stomach troubles were diagnosed (5 years ago) finding foods and experimenting has taken a time to work out for me. I was never holding much weight anyway and struggles did get quite dire...

Only good advice from my gastro really got me through it.. I got to the point that I couldnt do food shopping as it invloved aisles of food that I could not eat.

Changing my thoughts was necessary.. 1) buying myself better treats 2) and most importantly.. recognising that after I had passed by certain aisles alo thoughts of those foods were gone within 5 seconds.

I had to go low fibre and pretty much mushy veg only but did find I could eat a luxury cream eclair without probs.

Only experimenting has now actually enabled me to put two stone back on and up to a size 10 again.
I lnow you mention weightloss and if you have more to lose then you will succeed!! Its been a huge battle for me to get weight back on!!

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello
@lindijanice

I confess that initially after my stomach troubles were diagnosed (5 years ago) finding foods and experimenting has taken a time to work out for me. I was never holding much weight anyway and struggles did get quite dire...

Only good advice from my gastro really got me through it.. I got to the point that I couldnt do food shopping as it invloved aisles of food that I could not eat.

Changing my thoughts was necessary.. 1) buying myself better treats 2) and most importantly.. recognising that after I had passed by certain aisles alo thoughts of those foods were gone within 5 seconds.

I had to go low fibre and pretty much mushy veg only but did find I could eat a luxury cream eclair without probs.

Only experimenting has now actually enabled me to put two stone back on and up to a size 10 again.
I lnow you mention weightloss and if you have more to lose then you will succeed!! Its been a huge battle for me to get weight back on!!

Hello @donnellysdogs! That eclair sounds divine!! Congrats on the two stone weight gain - is a stone about 14lbs? Yes, I need to heed your advice and change my thinking completely when shopping for groceries. I find much fiber is a problem too, so will add that to the list to work out for my menus! Blessings/L