My latest trial!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok can somebody please explain how I just got a 2.6 blood sugar when I am only taking Metformin I thought that wasn't possible ?

I can't fast tonight now !

Sent from my SM-A510F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

If you are fasting, you shouldn't be taking diabetic medication as that would likely prevent your body from maintaining the necessary glucose level. That is why Dr like to recommend higher carbs intake for those on medication. The risks of losing consciousness or impaired judgement and response at such low glucose level is very real.

Yes please eat some stuff. You can always try fasting again another day.

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I ate some stuff (bacon, eggs, sausage, tomatoes followed by square of dark chocolate) and went to bed at 4.3! Woke up at 5.0 which is a lot better than previous days after food!

Reactions: kokhongw

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ok can somebody please explain how I just got a 2.6 blood sugar when I am only taking Metformin I thought that wasn't possible ?

I can't fast tonight now !

How did you feel at that 2.6? If you felt hypo then don't fast - if you felt okay and have brought your BG back up and still feel okay then, yes, you can fast but be prepared to break it if you need to.

You can hypo on Metformin. I've done it quite spectacularly several times over the years.

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Update - went out for posh (2 Michelin stars) meal last night including bubbly, red wine 4 courses and coffee - tested blood when I got home - 5.4!

Need to test now though too - what's the betting it has crept right up overnight ?