My numbers are up

fikileM57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Helo everyone, im Fikile , from South Aftica.im 48 I was diagnosed in 2014 with T2.i took metformin for two months and then stopped...i told myself i was gonna control it by diet and exercize..i read about LCHF woe on facebook and decided to follow it

When i was diagnosed my mumbers were 23.0 and my doctor was shocked that i was still able to drive from home to the hospital

Its been working for me ever since, but this week my numbers started going high from 6.5 to 11.6...im checking what i might have eaten, but i cant think what might be the culprit

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Fikile and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us what you are eating in a typical day, so that we can let you know what might be the problem.
People do react differently to different foods, but there are some things which appear to be 'the usual suspects' when it comes to high readings.

Reactions: fikileM57
D

Deleted Account

It may have nothing to do with what you have eaten.
Our BG are affected by more than just food. It could be stress or more exercise or less exercise or illness or a pre-cursor to illness or it could be your body fighting something which it manages to beat before you experience the symptoms.
Or it could be that you eaten something different.

Reactions: fikileM57 and ringi

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if one is ill the blood glucose can also get a lot higher than usual even when eating like one is used to... but t is always important to contact a doctor if it goes on like that for a longer period... some people do sometimes need other medications then...

but yes a simple thing as a flu can get numbers to go much higher.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Helo everyone, im Fikile , from South Aftica.im 48 I was diagnosed in 2014 with T2.i took metformin for two months and then stopped...i told myself i was gonna control it by diet and exercize..i read about LCHF woe on facebook and decided to follow it

When i was diagnosed my mumbers were 23.0 and my doctor was shocked that i was still able to drive from home to the hospital

Its been working for me ever since, but this week my numbers started going high from 6.5 to 11.6...im checking what i might have eaten, but i cant think what might be the culprit

Hiya. Give us a general idea of your diet and I'm sure you'll get advice worth reading. That said, if your carb intake is low, it could well be an infection of some kind (even a tiny non-aggressive one can raise BS) or just stress.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance

Welcome to the forum @fikileM57. Have you had a change in diet, less activity or feeling unwell? These factors will impact on your glucose levels. Are you currently on metformin? Possibly you need a review of your med schedule.

fikileM57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Fikile and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us what you are eating in a typical day, so that we can let you know what might be the problem.
People do react differently to different foods, but there are some things which appear to be 'the usual suspects' when it comes to high readings.
My breakfast was two hardboiled eggs and coffee
Lunch was butter fried fish with cabbage
Dinner was minced beef soup

fikileM57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank u,now i think i have an idea of what might have gone wrong...for the past 3 days i was not sleeping well, and i also had a bit of a sore throat