My story

greenfield1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 1 diabetic and new to this app and for a few months now I've been suffering with depression and anxiety and it's affecting my diabetes 3 weeks ago I was sent to hospital as I was fitting and blood sugar in the high 40's

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum @greenfield1

Depression and stress can have an impact on diabetes control, are you receiving help & support from your Dr and diabetes care team?

Reactions: Liam1955

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Hi and welcome @greenfield1, so many people here to talk to, with wonderful help, encouragement. Majority of us the diabetes go hand in hand with depression and anxiety. Feel free to msg me, a fellow depression fighting dragon!!

Reactions: Prem51

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I am but seems nothing working

That's a shame, perhaps if you type in the words 'depression' & 'anxiety' in the forum search facility (top right-hand corner) you might find some type 1 threads discussing both subjects. Best wishes.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @greenfield1 and Welcome to the Forum :). Lots of friendly, caring and supportive members on here and not just for Diabetes :).

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
Hi and welcome @greenfield1.

Sorry I haven't got to your message sooner. I'm type 2 diagnosed in 2016, but I have had depression and anxiety for many years so if there is any thing I can help with just ask.

You say that the depression is now affecting your diabetes, may I ask in what way? Is it that the depression is not allowing you to care about your diabetes to the point that you are not taking care of yourself and neglecting both your diet and Insulin regime? If you can clarify I may be able to help with some suggestions.

Maggie

Reactions: Prem51