MySugr App

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I’ve found this app and it seems good!
I like a lot of the features it has and I especially like the estimated hba1c. Had anyone used this app and had the estimate close to reality?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’ve found this app and it seems good!
I like a lot of the features it has and I especially like the estimated hba1c. Had anyone used this app and had the estimate close to reality?
Hey @claire1991:)

The app was mentioned on my very recent carb counting course and a few members had excellent experiences with it. Haven't used it myself, but look forward to reading all the further input on your thread about it. It's an app I've always been meaning to try, but just never got round to trying...

Grant

Reactions: claire1991

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @claire1991:)

The app was mentioned on my very recent carb counting course and a few members had excellent experiences with it. Haven't used it myself, but look forward to reading all the further input on your thread about it. It's an app I've always been meaning to try, but just never got round to trying...

Grant

I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks and I like it! I like that it’s colour coded so I can visually see how my control is instead of just numbers on my blood monitor.

With the hba1c I think it would be fairly accurate. I do think that if you’re having a hypo and you rest 15 mins after and are still hypo and record this level as well as the original hypo then it may lead to a lower estimate so I’ve only been recording the original hypo, same applies for hypers.
Other than that I don’t see why it wouldn’t be correct.

I’m trialing it for a while before I pay for it and go “pro”

Would recommend

Reactions: GrantGam

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use MySugr. At the time of my last HbA1c I was checking my blood sugar 7 times a day. Pre and two hours post breakfast, lunch and dinner, then at bedtime. My HbA1c taken at the Drs was 36, that day MySugr was estimating 34.4, so not far off.

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've used it for the past few months and find it helpful. I like that you can connect it to your Libre too.

I get my next HbA1C in November - will feed back on how accurate it is. But bear in mind it's only an average of the figures you enter - you might be missing spikes or lows you're not aware of.

I wouldn't go for the pro option to be honest; the free one is already pretty good

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@claire1991 that's definitely the right thing to do vis a vis hypos, and obviously the more you test the more accurate it will be. To be honest, I think any estimation based only on intermittent testing is going to be slightly lower than the reality, because you're not going to catch the peaks.

I do really like mySugr though, the graph is a nice way to visualise it, and it's a good way to keep all the information in one place.

I also agree with @AlexMagd with not bothering with the Pro option, the free option does everything you need it to.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I first started using the app, the HBA1C estimate took time to catch up - it had me higher than my actual blood test (so it was a pleasant surprise at least. This time round it was totally spot on !! So maybe it just needs more data than we imagine. I test at least 8 times a day - so that helps I guess. I like the app too - especially watching the oranges turn green !!! (however the stupid monster thing should be got rid off as it's very annoying !!!! :cat::cat: )

Hotpepper20000

I use mySugr app. The HBA1c it estimated for me is always with one point of my blood work. I usally test 4-8 times a day. I like the simplicity of the app.
Of course it can only make estimates that are accurate if the BG monitor you use is accurate.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That’s great guys thanks!!

I test a lot too, pre and post meals and a few odd ones here and there.
I’m trying to get my hba1c down so I can start trying for another baby soon so I’d be a disappointed if it wasn’t accurate (obviously I don’t expect it to be 100% spot on) Every time I see it go down a tiny bit I feel one step closer to it being in range.
Will keep trying and testing and see how it goes!

Won’t bother going pro!

X

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s great guys thanks!!

I test a lot too, pre and post meals and a few odd ones here and there.
I’m trying to get my hba1c down so I can start trying for another baby soon so I’d be a disappointed if it wasn’t accurate (obviously I don’t expect it to be 100% spot on) Every time I see it go down a tiny bit I feel one step closer to it being in range.
Will keep trying and testing and see how it goes!

Won’t bother going pro!

X
Good luck!! I agree, seeing it drop a point is the highlight of my life at the moment !! #sad

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck!! I agree, seeing it drop a point is the highlight of my life at the moment !! #sad

Thank you!
I agree!! I was trying to explain how nice it is to see it coming down to a non diabetic the other day and they really weren’t getting it.
It takes a diabetic to understand these things

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine went up by 0.1 the last couple of days :( as my blood sugars have been a fraction higher after feeling a bit rough following my flu jab :grumpy:

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine went up by 0.1 the last couple of days :( as my blood sugars have been a fraction higher after feeling a bit rough following my flu jab :grumpy:

Boo!!!

It’ll come back down, hope you feel better soon x

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Life is full of ups and downs @Rachox - 0.1% is nothing in the grand scheme of things! With an HbA1C of 36mmol/mol I'm sure it'll be easy for you to get back to normal once you're feeling better!

I had the flu jab and was running high for a couple days - only realised it in retrospect though!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Life is full of ups and downs @Rachox - 0.1% is nothing in the grand scheme of things! With an HbA1C of 36mmol/mol I'm sure it'll be easy for you to get back to normal once you're feeling better!

I had the flu jab and was running high for a couple days - only realised it in retrospect though!
I know it’s a very small rise and yes I’m chuffed to bits with my recent HbA1c :happy:
Feeling better today so I’m sure it’ll come down again soon.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you!
I agree!! I was trying to explain how nice it is to see it coming down to a non diabetic the other day and they really weren’t getting it.
It takes a diabetic to understand these things
Tell them it's like getting a new Fitbit badge, or even just hitting a daily Fitbit target and seeing celebratory fireworks on one's screen.