terri

Hi everyone
My friend is type 2 diabetic and has a continuous ticklish cough
any homemade remedies, have seen some but all need sugar/honey added
Thanks for any ideas

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Try gargling with ice cold water.I numbs the back of the throat and does give some relief.

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hot topic - Coughing? Take some chocolate
30 November 2004 - written by Bupa's Health information team

An ingredient found in chocolate may be a more effective remedy than current medicines for persistent coughs, according to a new study in the November 2004 edition of The FASEB (Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology) Journal.1

What did the study show?
The study showed that an ingredient of chocolate called theobromine was more effective at stopping persistent coughs than the leading cough medicine codeine.

hope this helps

candyog

Dislikes
not so friendly people
hi tickly coughs salt and vineagar crisps does the trick didnt beleive it when my son in law said but have tried it since certainly worked for me at 2 in morning

Romola

Iced water excellent - but this is a homemade gargle to ward off throat infections if that helps.

Pick thyme, lemon balm and mint - a big hanful. Put into a jug. Add boiling water and allow to steep until it is cold. Filter off the liquid and use to gargle. Slowly sip a small glass of it.

Do this 2 or 3 times a day - I have found it really works. The most important herb in this is thyme - in case you can't find the other two.

ChocFish

Hi is your friend taking statins, some people develop a try cough with that kind of medication. Also is your friend overweight? If so he could be suffering from acid reflux which can cause an irritating cough too, just mentioning this because one of the members in our group used to suffer from this, he lost weight and is fine now, but it took ages and chest xrays and throat swabs and all things like this to evenually find the cause.

Look for Potters herbal cough mixture and pastilles (Potters are famous for their herbal remedies, they do sugar free verions)

Check this link too http://www.haelan.co.uk/Remedies-ColdSeason.shtml and Romola is absolutely right, Thyme is a traditional cough remedy, just make it like tea, sweeten if it you want to and drink that 4 times a day, maybe back it up with some herbal pastilles for in between to keep your throat lubricated.

You can get herbs from http://www.spiceworld.uk.com/

All the best

Karen

salsasue

Thanks for all suggestions/advice as I'm suffering from a really horrid tickly cough and sore throat right now so shall be having a go!

michellejane

Shilajit has been used traditionally in folk medicine for the treatment of a variety of disorders, including syndromes involving excessive complement activation. Shilajit is a good source of trace minerals and contains iron.The <a href="http://www.optimallyorganic.com/Fulvic.htm">Fulvic</a> content and the extraction method. Photosynthesis produces mucopolysaccharides or sugars which are exuded at the root level. Microorganisms ingest the polysaccharides and produce humic and fulvic acids. Humic acid dissolves minerals in the soil then the fulvic acid supplies the minerals to the plant via the root system.